Senior .NET Engineer at RollKall (Dallas, TX)
Rollkall is the law enforcement industry’s only comprehensive off-duty management solution, bringing transparency to off-duty security by connecting every stakeholder in the process. We help connect our communities by fostering positive relationships among businesses, local police officers, and law enforcement agencies. Rollkall makes it easy for businesses to hire off-duty police officers, for officers to find high-quality off-duty jobs near them, and for law enforcement agencies and coordinators to run world-class off-duty programs with technology that makes it easy and transparent for everybody.
We are looking for a Senior .NET engineer to join our existing .NET back-end team to help us implement new features and maintain existing ones. You will get to work with a growing, diverse team as we bring new features online, while also continuing to improve our current infrastructure to ensure RollKall remains ready for future challenges.
Our back-end systems consist mostly of ASP.NET Web API’s communicating with multiple client-facing applications built on different platforms (iOS, Android, Web). These systems are all built on current Microsoft technologies and hosted on Microsoft Azure.
- Build, implement and maintain software solutions to meet business needs utilizing industry standard tools and Agile methodology best practices
- Develop, design and oversee the implementation of .NET REST endpoints with a SQL Server back-end
- Provide detailed documentation of API endpoints and models for the front-end teams to consume
- Apply test driven development and focus on high test coverage
- Analyze system performance and develop solutions to improve it
- Code review pull requests to ensure they meet best practices and coding standards
- Participate in building, testing and deploying software using CI/CD.
- Assist in the development of user stories, estimates, and work plans
- Work both in team collaborating in technical design and independently with minimal guidance
- Take accountability and drive projects to the completion
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- 5+ years development experience using .NET, c# and T-SQL
- Experience in database development using SQL Server and Entity Framework
- Experience in developing APIs using ASP.NET Web API
- Experience with Git
- Comfortable with management and administration of environments on Azure
- Comfortable working with command line tools like PowerShell and Bash
- Experience with .NET Core and .NET 6 is a plus
- Experience with Dapper is a plus
- Experience with devops and working with Docker containers is a plus.
- Client facing or consulting experience highly preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively via multiple channels (verbal, written, etc.) with technical and non-technical staff
- Flexible and adaptable attitude, disciplined to manage multiple responsibilities and adjust to varied environments
- Comfortable working in a remote environment but also willing to commute to our Irving, TX office on a flexible schedule
RollKall Technologies is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.