Senior MuleSoft Engineer at Invitae
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Invitae is seeking an integration expert to focus on sustainably connecting enterprise systems to our Salesforce (SFDC) ecosystem: with an emphasis on creating reusable infrastructure and methods that extend the breadth and depth of our enterprise-wide reference architecture. The Senior Integration Engineer will work with business and technical stakeholders to lead integration efforts as a member of the SFDC team.
The role requires delivering integrations that not only scale beyond current load volume but, whenever possible, extend beyond a single SFDC use case. The Senior Integration Engineer is also expected to continuously improve integration in a proactive and collaborative way: by consistently advocating for best practices and routinely seeking feedback from all integration stakeholders.
In addition to a solid understanding of integration design, implementation, and testing, the ideal candidate understands key enterprise business processes, such as Opportunity to Order and Order to Cash, and is able to reflect this in relevant designs.
What you will do:
- Design, implement, and test solutions to deliver enterprise-grade (i.e. scalable, extensible, easily maintainable) integration infrastructure for new and legacy systems/processes.
- Automate integration testing wherever possible and establish comprehensive, easily repeatable, methods where not.
- Establish a change control process/system for integration that effectively supports stakeholders, dependent systems, and routine regulatory audits.
- Use established tools and formats to document:
- process/service catalogue
- component structures
- data models and flows
- event sequences
- Collaborate with the Enterprise Middleware team to support and extend a reference architecture with extensible solutions.
What you bring:
- Hands-on experience with both design and development of secure SaaS application integrations using Mulesoft. Proficient in building, testing, and deploying complex integration processes.
- Experience aligning with strict privacy standards, e.g. GDPR, CCPA
- Hands-on experience integrating with both event-driven architectures, e.g. Kafka, and stateless microservices
- Solid understanding of test automation tools and techniques at every scope: from MUnit to integration components to end-to-end.
- 2+ years experience with Mulesoft.
- 2+ years experience with Salesforce. Well versed in various Salesforce integration patterns & standard methodologies.
- Ability to find performance bottlenecks, do performance tuning, and optimize integrations.
- Experience with protocols such as AS2, HTTPS, Bayeux, OData, ,SFTP.
- Ability to work in the US Pacific Time Zone.
- 5+ years of experience developing complex enterprise application integration using integration platforms such as Dell Boomi or Mulesoft.
- Experience integrating with Oracle Cloud ERP.
- Familiarity with AWS integration tools .e.g. Athena, Glue
- Experience with OData integration
- Working knowledge of Scaled Agile framework and portfolio kanban.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage.
Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.