Senior Mobile Engineer at Dutchie (Remote)
Founded in 2017, Dutchie is a comprehensive technology platform powering dispensary operations, while providing consumers with safe and easy access to cannabis. Dutchie aims to further support the positive societal change the cannabis industry brings to the world through wellness benefits, social justice, and empowering local communities through tax revenue. Powering thousands of dispensaries across 40+ markets throughout the United States and Canada, Dutchie is the leading technology company in the cannabis space and was named in Fast Company’s 10 Most Innovative Companies in North America and listed two years in a row on LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups.
Dutchie has raised over $600M in funding to date, backed by D1 Capital Partners, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, DFJ Growth, Thrive Capital, Howard Schultz, Snoop Dogg’s Casa Verde Capital, Gron Ventures, members of the founding team at DoorDash, Kevin Durant’s Thirty Five Ventures, and other notable angel investors.
About the Role
Due to our rapid growth, we are looking for a Senior Mobile Engineer to join our team. You will be getting in on the ground-level with us and working on virtually all aspects of the current product and future product development. You'll be working directly with the founding team daily and taking part in technology-related decisions. You will help us build the foundation of this company - its culture, its processes, and its practices. You'll also have the chance to work on everything from analytics software to two-sided marketplaces to IoT devices. There's a ton of interesting problems to solve.
What You’ll Do...
- Development and maintenance of core iOS point of sale application written in Flutter & Dart.
- Development and maintenance of critical hardware integrations in Objective C, Swift, & Android
- Work closely with our Product team in designing and developing customer facing features
What You Bring...
- 6+ years of development experience required
- Deep understanding of mobile development languages (Obj. C/Swift/Java/Kotlin/Dart) and general software best practices
- You have experience building resilient and responsive mobile applications
- You have experience integrating with external peripherals over Bluetooth, USB, LAN.
- You take pride in the code you write - it's clean, tested, organized, and elegant
- Self-starter - you're proactive and are able to start projects and tasks without constant direction
- Quick learner - you pick up new frameworks and technologies quickly
- Great communication skills
- You want to work in an agile environment - we move quickly and ship code often
- You enjoy your time working, but you enjoy your time outside of work too
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible vacation and sick days
- Technology (hardware, software, reading materials, etc..) allowance
At Dutchie, we’re committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Dutchie believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.