Senior Manager/Director, Engineering - Salesforce at Toast (Remote)
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
As a Senior Manager/Director, Engineering you will ead a high performing team of engineers in iteratively developing new features and capabilities on the Salesforce platform with a focus on Leads to Cash process. You will collaborate with business stakeholders to scope and implement new initiatives, streamline, automate, and simplify processes and educate employees on the effective use of the technologies and processes necessary for the business to operate.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Lead the engineering teams responsible for the delivery of Sales Cloud solutions, CPQ enhancements, Quote to Cash & Billing transformation programs.
- Manage development team to design and implement solutions with a focus on adhering to industry leading practices and code quality techniques
- Partner with internal stakeholders in Sales, Centralized Operations, Enterprise Architecture and supporting organizations to define and deliver end to end process and systems architecture for Lead to Cash transformation initiatives
- Identify, select and implement best practices to gather, document, streamline and improve business processes for Business Systems stakeholders
- Provide leadership, activity planning and direction to complete team tasks, produce the required deliverables, track/resolve issues and meet project milestones
- Mentor team members, identify/develop opportunities for individual growth and set a positive example for working in a team environment
- Work with product ownership to manage and prioritize the team’s product backlog
- Facilitate release planning and capacity planning for team’s initiatives
- Manage relationships with Product vendors and System Integrators.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 6+ years of managing SCRUM teams in the capacity of an Engineering Manager or Team Lead
- 3+ years of experience with Salesforce declarative and programmatic development features
- In-depth knowledge of the quote-to-cash business process and associated front office and back office technology considerations
- Experience leading full life-cycle implementations of Lead to Cash (CPQ/ CLM) solutionsExperience delivering scalable integrations between Salesforce, ERP and other applications leveraging middleware products (Mulesoft, Workato, etc)
- Implementation expertise and practical experience working on large Salesforce projects involving complex integration with other systems
- Experience in collaborating with product owners representing Sales, Customer Service, Product & Engineering and balancing competing interests and needs across the organization to define a clear roadmap for CRM deliverables
- A track record of delivering projects on-time by leveraging your experience in development processes, work estimation, and optimal resource allocation
- Passionate about scaling teams and growing individuals in their careers
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
Bonus Ingredients* (Requirements):
- Salesforce Certifications
- Experience implementing Apttus CPQ or Salesforce CPQ and billing. Familiarity with Guided selling, product configuration and dynamic pricing
- Experience in migration to Lightning from Classic
- Experience working with consulting resources
- Experience working with Jira
- Familiarity with Netsuite & DocuSign
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.