Senior Manager, Tableau Developer at Visa (Miami, FL)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.Job Description
The Business Intelligence Solutions group within the Data Policy, Platforms, & Programs (DPPP) organization works with internal stakeholders to enable faster decision-making, data democratization and self-service through building innovative, scalable best-in-class data marts and dashboard solutions. Our goal is to empower and enable business partners to glean valuable insights from Visa's unique global data assets.
We are looking for an established individual contributor capable of engaging with business owners, data enthusiasts and technology teams. The clean, intuitive, and beautiful user interfaces you develop will enable business partners to glean valuable insights from Visa's unique global data assets. You will allow users to gain new insights and tell their own data stories. This individual contributor role will support a global executive management scorecard and insights initiative providing the single source of insights for market performance and trending.
As a Sr. Manager dashboard developer, you will leverage design and development standards, processes, and best practices. You will partner with data engineers and program managers to deliver advanced BI capabilities to a global customer base including senior executives.
- Deliver medium to large complexity dashboard projects either individually or as part of a project team.
- Use design prototyping rigor and consultative best practices with our stakeholders
- Develop solutions leveraging agile/scrum principles
- Provide operational production support for the dashboards on Tableau Server including the creation of monthly and quarterly executive scorecards.
Flex Work Arrangement - Hybrid Position - This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
The ideal candidate will support Visa at a U.S. location: Ashburn, VA, Atlanta, GA, Miami, FL, Lehi, UT, New York, NY, Austin, TX, Bellevue, WA, Foster City, CA, San Francisco, CA , Highlands Ranch, CO, or Wilmington, DE.
COLORADO APPLICANTS ONLY: This position has a minimum base salary of 114,500 USD and a midpoint base salary of148,500 USD. The base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, this position is eligible for annual bonus and equity.Qualifications
• 8 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an
Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD).
• The successful candidate will have at least 6 years of technical experience leading business
intelligence or data visualization projects.
• A strong data visualization portfolio demonstrating how you design to solve customer needs
• Expert proficiency with visualization software, preferably Tableau, is required
• Knowledge of interactive data visualization best practices
• Experience leading design discovery meetings with end-users is preferred
• Excellent grasp of the design thinking and the prototyping process
• Have a good understanding of data management systems and processes within the ecosystem
(source systems, data feeds, reference data management, ETL, Data Warehouses and Marts, data
cube design, etc.) and has experience working with SQL or Tableau Prep. Experience with any script
language (R/Python) is a plus.
• Experience working in an Agile or fast-paced and dynamic environment is a plus
• Visa experience or knowledge of payments industry is a plus, but not mandatory.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.