Senior Manager, Solutions Architect - Card Partnerships at Capital One (Washington DC)
77 West Wacker Dr (35012), United States of America, Chicago, Illinois
Senior Manager, Solutions Architect - Card Partnerships
Capital One is hiring a skilled Solutions Architect to join our exceptional team of talented technologists in the Card Partnerships segment of Card Tech. The Card Tech team defines, engineers, and manages technology solutions for Capital One's domestic Credit Card business, powering a portfolio of systems and products used daily by millions of customers. The Card Partnerships business segment focuses on providing Co-Branded and Private Label Credit Cards for a number of leading companies across several industries.
In this role, you will provide technical leadership for designing and implementing critical technology solutions which span a wide number of Card Platforms. In addition to working with an integrated Partnerships business, technology and operations team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to architecture across broader Card and Enterprise teams, which are tightly integrated throughout Partnerships solutions.
If this sounds like an interesting challenge for you, apply immediately to start a conversation with us!
- Lead solutions architecture design for multi-platform / cross-platform solutions
- Leading Trade-off and impact analysis work for hard to change technical decisions, and manage technical conflict
- Demonstrate thought leadership and strategy in partnership with delivery and product partners
- Explain and represent solutions in the Architecture Review Boards, and various product, platform and architecture discussions
- Presenting work products and strategies to product managers, technology leadership across Capital One
- Function as a primary architecture point of contact for other architecture teams & and delivery teams for solutions and systems
- Continuously learn as technology needs evolve
The successful candidate will:
- Effectively communicate and build relationships to interact, inform, influence and communicate with key stakeholders at all levels across the company
- Exhibit mastery of facilitation and influence across teams, departments and divisions
- Enjoy the camaraderie, debates, and leaning that comes from working with a team of passionate technologists
- See the impact of near term and long term choices, and are great at explaining it
- Possess excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask, while quickly shifting context and priorities
- Have a proven track record for leading and enabling technology, architecture and software engineering activities at enterprise scale
- Be self-motivated and display an unwavering responsibility to deliver high quality results and commitments
- Possess a keen attention to detail and a passion for Architecture, Software Engineering, Technology and Customer Experience
- Have an intellectual curiosity and interest to maintain and acquire new business, technology and architecture skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 6 years of experience in Software Engineering and Systems Architecture or Technology Solution design
- At least 2 years of experience creating solutions architectures in a public cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering
- 5+ years of experience as a Solutions Architect in large/complex organizations
- 8+ years of experience architecting, designing, and/or delivering delivering scalable and decoupled systems in a heavily regulated technology environment
- 2+ years of experience working with internal and external business clients
- 2+ years of experience with AWS concepts and implementations
- Experience to engaging, influencing and driving initiatives by partnering with technology executives
- Experience mentoring software engineers or architects
- Experience in a regulated environment (HIPAA, PCI, Privacy, etc)
- Ability to communicate at all levels in the organizations with required technical depth and breadth
- AWS or equivalent certifications (Cloud Practitioner, Solution Architect-Associate, GCP or Azure)
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $230,100 - $262,700 for Sr. Manager, Solution Arch
San Francisco, California (Hybrid On-Site): $243,800 - $278,200 for Sr. Manager, Solution Arch
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).