Senior Manager, Software Engineering at Amwell (Remote)
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
Our Engineering team is working to create a state-of-the-art telehealth experience leveraging all the modern cloud technologies. We follow pragmatic Agile methodology to balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt to deliver a market-leading product to a quickly growing customer base. There are countless opportunities to make an impact.
In this role, you'll lead a team of 15 - 20 engineers, working closely with your direct reports, product managers, UI/UX designers, QA, and other engineering teams to build the future of Amwell. A successful candidate will have an established background with strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
- Lead a team of hardworking engineers, delivering highly available and reliable software for large, critical, and complex systems
- Ensure your team delivers an extraordinary output and continuously seeks ways to make an outsized impact
- Instill best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Prioritize, plan projects and features, and manage sprint planning
- Collaborate with peers, Product Managers, and Architects to deliver highly impactful projects
- Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
- 4+ years managing software development teams, including hands-on development experience
- Strong track record of delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or Ph.D.) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a "virtual first" workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance