Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Consumer Experience team is a product-focused, full stack team that owns the client experience for Affirm’s consumer products. This includes the entire front-end (Web, iOS and Android), plus a “back-end for front-end” orchestration layer responsible for orchestrating different services. This team works closely with our designers and product managers to make delightful experiences that allow Affirm’s customers to easily use our products to improve their financial lives.
We are looking for a highly motivated manager to help build this team in Poland. Come join us!What You’ll Do
- Manage a full-stack team of Web, iOS, Android and back end engineers, while having a detailed understanding of our business, company goals, roadmap and resource plans.
- Drive planning and prioritization of projects based on product, technical, and business goals by leveraging relevant resources and data.
- Collaborate with cross functional engineering teams, product managers, designers and analysts to deliver high quality consumer experience.
- Coach and mentor employees to increase their impact through regular performance development and feedback conversations.
- Foster a respectful and supportive environment for all team members that effectively leverages the diversity of the team.
- 4-6+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and 2+ years as an engineering manager.
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Expert at synthesizing complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software.
- Humble and authentic leadership which places the needs of others first and helps people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Experience scaling systems in a service oriented architecture preferred but not required.
- Humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 23,241 - 34,866 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food, lifestyle and family planning
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.