Senior Manager, Network Engineering Implementation Operations, Spectrum Enterprise (Charlotte, NC)
- Are you a client-focused technical leader proficient in assembling and guiding a high-performing Network Engineering team?
- Can you commit to a role guiding all aspects of Network Engineering assurance while developing innovative technology?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America's largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
As the Senior Manager of Network Engineering, you drive innovation by managing a team of Network Engineers through the configuration, installation and deployment of existing and new network technologies. You are passionate about empowering client businesses through technological innovation that meets network compliance and capital budgets. You propel growth through the cost-effective coordination of resources and internal and external teams to complete projects.
You have an aptitude for recruiting, hiring and guiding teams through technical projects to accomplish high-quality results. You serve as a role model for the department and take direct responsibility for achieving all predetermined production and performance metrics. Depending on the business unit, you may work as part of a 24/7 work environment. You excel at managing your team in an office environment and traveling as needed to achieve company objectives. You report to the Director of Network Engineering for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary with bonus.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional 3%.
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Be the empowering leader for the Network Engineering team by guiding them to actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the client experience.
- Improve Network Services through the identification and development of processes to streamline production and maintain procedures.
- Ensure the timely resolution of issues by providing technical guidance and coordination to Engineering, Field Services Operations and other internal teams.
- Complete all required reports accurately for senior leadership to leverage.
- Comply with all industry-specific local, state and federal regulations for every project and encourage team growth by knowing, understanding and following company policy.
- Drive a high-performance culture by developing effective front-line leadership and managing a cross-functional technical team through daily network activities, to include performance reviews, career development and staffing.
Required keys for success:
- Two years of project management experience.
- Five or more years of management experience in a 24/7 operations center.
- Eight years of network operations and implementation experience.
- History of working with network and element management tools.
- Knowledge of cable, voice and data communications networks and associated elements.
- Understanding of local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN) design and operations.
- Expert in transmission control protocol/internet protocol (TCP/IP), simple network management protocol (SNMP) and hybrid-fiber coaxial (HFC) networks and advanced video technology.
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret data while maintaining client and business confidentiality.
- In-depth understanding of issue resolution and handling requests.
- Deadline-driven with the demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously while supervising and motivating others.
- Solid prioritization and organizational skills with the ability to make sound decisions and resolve issues while working independently.
- Valid driver's license, a safe driving record and availability to travel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
- Master's degree in engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required).
- Industry and vendor-specific network certification and training from NCTI, SCTE or BCT/E (preferred).