Senior Manager, Mobile Engineering at Credit Karma
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
We are looking for a Senior Mobile Engineering Manager to lead our Native Mobile Infrastructure platform team. The team owns the quality, delivery, infrastructure, tooling and services to enable the mobile development teams to deliver product to Credit Karma’s members who use mobile platforms. The Senior Mobile Engineering Manager role is a highly impactful role at Credit Karma that requires a balance of communication, leadership, community building, teamwork, technical understanding of applications/systems, partnering with the business and executive teams to drive success at Credit Karma.
What you’ll do:
- Set technology vision for mobile technology across the entire organization
- Lead teams in the designing and building of mobile technology services, services, and libraries
- Communicate cross-functionally with leadership, product, design, analytics, and others to ensure alignment
- One on ones, growth & development plans, performance, compensation, and making people effective and happy through coaching and mentorship
- Improve and implement team processes
- Directly own a complex organization’s planning, strategy, and project delivery
- Helping the team prioritize initiatives and keep them highly motivated
What’s great about the role:
- Contribute to technical engineering strategy across all engineering
- Owner of overall quality and customer satisfaction of mobile product
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of engineering management experience
- Led native app development as a manager or engineer
- Experience managing engineering managers
- Experience owning native build infrastructure
- Experience delivering high scale applications to Apple and Google application marketplaces
- Enjoys working on a cross-functional team
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Strong communication skills with engineers and non-technical stakeholders
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance or similar ordinances.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process. Moving forward, all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to share proof of that status prior to their first day of onboarding. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, we will explore potential reasonable accommodations; however, Credit Karma may not be able to grant such accommodations in all cases.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)