Senior Manager, Infrastructure Security Engineering at Credit Karma
Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Security is a core value at Credit Karma. We help millions of people manage their credit. Safeguarding their sensitive information is essential to our continued success. From the CEO down to each developer, everyone views security as a personal responsibility.
As Senior Manager of Infrastructure Security, you will manage the Infrastructure security team responsible for designing, building and maintaining innovative security services and solutions that support the needs of our internal and external customers. You'll hire and retain the best security talent around, growing your team and the people on it, and helping guide the technical direction.
Your team may work on any aspect of security, from Cloud infrastructure to managing access across all systems, from Linux host security to security anomaly detection, and anything in-between.
What you'll do:
- Partner with other engineering teams and executives to develop all security, product and service strategies
- Guide design and implementation of new services to improve our cloud service backend security infrastructure
- Manage DevOps activities to support large-scale security services
- Work with other teams to solve security problems with minimal disruption to other business functions
- Manage the investigation and troubleshooting of security issues to determine cause and create solutions
- Improve policies, standards, procedures and technology
- Hire, train and assess performance of direct reports according to corporate procedures
- Help grow employees through coaching and career development activities
- Manage a mixed-specialty team that includes Cloud Security engineers, software engineers, IAM engineers and infrastructure security engineers
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- 10+ years of experience in Infrastructure and/or Security Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in software development in large-scale public and private cloud environments, creating, maintaining, and improving distributed security services
- Lead and motivate a team of engineers
- Distributed systems and architecture knowledge
- Previously managed 10+ direct reports
- Minimum 5 years related people management experience
- Hands on coding experience, in Python, Go
- Bachelor's in Engineering/Computer Science or related industry (or equivalent experience)
- Unix/Linux internal, deployment and maintenance experience
- Identity and Access Management experience
- Secrets and Key Management experience
- Cloud Infrastructure Security knowledge and experience. GCP knowledge is a big plus
- Security certifications and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Solid hands-on technical background in managing multi-platform environments (servers, storage, networks, security, virtualization, systems monitoring and management)
- ISO 27001, PCI, SOX, and SOC knowledge
Benefits at Credit Karma Include:
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Retirement Plan
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness perks
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick, Baby Bonding, Cultural Observance, & More)
- Education Perks
- Paid Gift Week in December
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Credit Karma is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information or other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with applicable fair chance laws.
Credit Karma is also committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment because it is the right thing to do. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
COVID-19 update (US Jobs Only):
Credit Karma believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. We also believe that in order to work toward our mission of helping people make financial progress, people first and foremost need their health. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date unless otherwise approved for an exception as may be required by law.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look below to review our privacy policies:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)