Senior Manager - Engineering Electrification at Magna International (Detroit, MI)
Group: Magna Electronics
Division: Magna Electronics Auburn Hills
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Location: AUBURN HILLS
Magna's ADAS technologies are shaping an autonomous future and improving lives.
Full autonomy is coming. But to create the technology which will bring it into view, you need the desire and ability to adapt complete ADAS systems or modular solutions to any vehicle, for any mobility need.
Magna's electronics solutions connect OEMs to their customers with features that improve their lives. It's our expertise across the entire vehicle, key strategic partnerships and culture of innovation that allow us to make our industry-leading technologies road-ready. And it is how we'll continue to build a safer, smarter and more connected mobility experience for all people.
The Senior Manager position is a key leadership role within the Engineering team. The Senior Manager has strong expertise in building and leading multiple teams and in the many facets of product development. This leader will need to work closely with technical stake holders at customers (external and internal) to create business opportunities for profitable non-ADAS products, and then deliver on them. These will be a mix of OEM and Magna internal "build to print" projects. Playing key roles such as Mentor, Coach, Manager and Team Leader are important in addition to the formal management functions. As this is a global role, and customer facing, expect travel of approximately 25%.
- For this specific role, the following job functions apply:
- Engage proactively with key technical stakeholder at internal and external customers.
- Supervise and approve the engineering responses to non-ADAS quotes per the quote process.
- Ensure budget information is updated/reported monthly in Business Warehouse.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives such as Steering Committee presentation & issue support, Cross Group support, etc.
- Fulfill KPI reporting activities and drive associated improvements for the team
- Lead "Design for Manufacturing" on non-ADAS projects - which includes cleanliness requirements.
- Establish/maintain regular technical & business development meetings with peers across other Magna groups.
- Act as the primary management-level customer technical interface for issues that arise in assigned programs
- Support the Product Line assessment of quote opportunities in the Q1 phase of the quote process.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Mechanical/Electrical)- Required
- Master's degree in engineering or Business - Desired
- Experience with leading direct customer engagement to secure new business - required.
- Experience in electronics manufacturing - desired
- Minimum of 10 years deep and relevant product development experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in a Managerial role of a technical team is required.
- Experience with Electrification products (like Inverters), and Chassis/Body Electronics.
- Familiar with Automotive SPICE or CMMi.
- Deep and comprehensive technical knowledge of product development engineering practices in electronics field.
- Deep and comprehensive knowledge in the development and execution of embedded systems for electronics products.
- Understanding of new technologies and cutting-edge manufacturing methods in the industry.
- Knowledge of the application and delivery of advanced electronic systems into the automotive industry.
- Familiarity with project execution and launch as a tier I or tier II.
- Willingness to perform "hands-on" work.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
At Magna, we believe that a diverse workforce is critical to our success. That's why we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We hire on the basis of experience and qualifications, and in consideration of job requirements, regardless of, in particular, color, ancestry, religion, gender, origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity. Magna takes the privacy of your personal information seriously. We discourage you from sending applications via email to comply with GDPR requirements and your local Data Privacy Law.
Nearest Major Market: Detroit