Senior Lead Software Engineer at Cox Enterprises (Phoenix, AZ)
At Cox Communications, we need a Senior Lead Software Engineer for the Cox2M business line, our new Internet of Things (IoT) venture. Want to unleash the power of a truly connected world? Want to work with a dynamic team of intrapreneurs who are passionate about solving problems with disruptive technologies? Keep reading for more details!
What's In It For You?
- We want our people to succeed, plain and simple. We're all about professional development, continuing education and helping your career grow in a collaborative, inclusive culture where the next big idea can come from anyone...especially you!
- Boring work is the absolute worst. At Cox, you'll work with fascinating, cutting-edge tech platforms in industries that are ripe for invention & innovation.
- We offer exceptional work/life balance, with accommodating work schedules and flexible time-off policies because we want you to enjoy your life outside of work, too.
- We show our appreciation for our people with a competitive salary package and top-notch bonus & incentive plans.
- How does great healthcare benefits from day one sound? Multiple options are available for individuals and families. One employee-only plan could be FREE, if you participate in our health screening program.
- At Cox, we believe in being transparent - please click on the link ( Cox Benefits Overview ) to learn more about our remarkable healthcare benefits.
- 10 days of free child or senior care through your complimentary Care.com membership.
- Generous 401(k) retirement plans with up to 8% company match.
- Free internet, premium cable and smart home automation in applicable markets (up to $374 value per month).
- Employee discounts on hundreds of items, from cars to computers to continuing education.
- Looking to grow your family? You'll have access to our inclusive parental leave policies, plus comprehensive fertility coverage and adoption assistance.
- Want to volunteer in your community? We encourage that, and even offer paid hours for you to do so.
- We all love our pets-whether they walk, crawl, fly, swim or slither-and we're happy to supply insurance for them as well.
It doesn't end there, either. Our benefits are as diverse as our employees at Cox, giving you the freedom to choose what works best for you and your family.
What You'll Do
You'll work with the product & technology team helping to build the Cox2M platform. You'll deliver solutions from conceptualization to launch. In a nutshell - you're going to work with some great tech, move fast and "WOW!" our customers. Responsibilities include:
- Leading a squad of engineers.
- Helping to build and maintain the Cox2M Platform, preparing it for massive scale.
- Leading efforts to evolve the our technology usage, making sure to implement best practices at every opportunity.
- Building and utilizing our cloud infrastructure to deliver highly resilient scaling services across all verticals.
- Providing high-level estimates of all project development phases.
- Implementing code standards and quality controls.
- Partnering with product management to understand and shape the product roadmap.
- Performing formal code reviews with the goal to define coding standards, software architecture compliance and coding solution verification.
- Participating in requirement review sessions, bringing a technical eye to the business and making sure requirements scale.
- Creating and documenting coding standards, tooling and practices.
- Keeping focus on common team goals and building productive working relationships through communication, collaboration and partnering.
Who You Are
You march to the beat of your own drum...which you're probably playing yourself, and loud enough to disturb the neighbors. You see a problem and don't care about the old way of fixing it - you'd rather come up with a better way. Here are your qualifications:
- BS/BA degree in a related discipline with 8+ years of experience in a related field; or MS/MA degree in a related discipline with +6 years of experience in a related field; or Ph.D. in a related discipline with 3+ years of experience in a related field
- 2+ years of experience leading a new software project with 5+ team members.
- 3+ years of experience with enterprise web applications - any technical role working on enterprise applications with REST-like or GraphQL API and HTML or native mobile front-end.
- 1 year of experience in Pub/Sub Architecture.
- Enterprise Web APIs - Architect or Technical Lead during design, coding, launch, and support of at least one enterprise consumer.
- Large, high-volume-write warehouses - Architect, Technical Lead, Scalability Engineer, or API Developer for service ingesting 100+ GB of structured data daily.
- Big data processing - Architect, Technical Lead, or Developer for service with batch processing across billions of rows and limited real-time processing.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstratable knowledge of software development best practices, cloud architectures, microservices, containerization, and design patterns.
- Hands-on experience with:
- Cloud platforms (AWS or GCP).
- Containerized software (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Databases (NoSQL, SQL, and other Cloud DBs).
- Elasticsearch, Redis.
- DevOps (CI/CD, container automation - Helm).
- Modern testing approaches.
- Prior experience leading front-end teams.
- Experience in telecommunications, automotive, supply chain or high-tech environment.
- Full stack development for IoT Cloud Platforms (GCP or AWS).
- Prior start-up experience.
Show us what you can do. Apply today and make your mark!
USD 140,600.00 - 234,400.00 per year
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in America, serving six million homes and businesses. That's a lot, but we also proudly serve our employees. Our benefits and our award-winning culture are just two of the things that make Cox a coveted place to work. If you're interested in bringing people closer through broadband, smart home tech and more, join Cox Communications today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.