Senior LAN/WAN Engineer (Baltimore, MD)
OBXtek is an award winning Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business providing information technology and management services to the federal government. As the prime contractor on over 85% of its work, OBXtek is a leader in its field and has a robust corporate infrastructure that provides support for all of its programs. OBXtek has realized exceptional growth over the last four years and has been awarded prime contracts with 10 federal agencies. This growth is a result of providing customers with successful project execution and quantifiable results, responsive customer service, timely recruiting, quality assurance/quality control and competitive pricing.Solid Financial Resources and low Employee Turnover (5%)Job Description
UNIX Administration for approximately a dozen SUN/Solaris servers as well as administration of two Windows servers. Provide UNIX software, hardware and applications support. This includes installing, testing, implementing and maintaining vendor software releases, maintaining the associated hardware, and creating scripts to support new tools and services.Qualifications
10+ years experience required
- UNIX System Administration – Installation, configuration, development and maintenance of UNIX operating systems and software.
- Windows Administration – Installation, configuration, and maintenance of Windows Server 2008/Windows 7 operating systems and software.
- Maintain security patches as regulated by SSA and participate on security panels to make sure server updates are correct and report back when findings are dissimilar.
- Maintain and support production, test, and development environments.
- Provide performance analysis and recommendations for UNIX hardware systems including: log analysis, performance tuning and monitoring; and support multi-pathing (high availability) or load balancing.
- Provide ‘Level 3’ problem determination support. This includes debugging scripts, opening cases with hardware or software vendor and looking at diagnostic tools for hardware, software and capacity related problems.
- Maintain backups; provide system restorations when needed and preparation for disaster recovery.
- Provide Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and LAN network configuration support in an Ethernet environment.
- Install, test, implement and maintain vendor application software releases.
- Maintain, develop, document and debug UNIX shell scripts; Perl and Ruby scripts; and SQL database.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.