Senior Java Software Developer at Accruent (New Orleans, LA)
Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for our Engineering team:
The Engineering team is vital to the success of our current and emerging software developments. As part of this team, you will be able to deliver enhancements and customizations on new and existing products to make an impact for the business and our customers. As we continue to expand our product suite, we look for innovative team members to persevere in the ever-changing environment of technology. Our goal is to optimize our products to make sure our customers are mission ready.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for coding, testing, and implementing products for Accruent’s remote monitoring, control, and energy management software suite. Responsibilities include mentoring entry level Software Associates, creating and reviewing technical requirements, and developing code in a variety of programming languages for a web-based enterprise application. Proven technical leadership and project ownership is required to be considered for this position.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
This role will be working on our Vx Observe product in multiple industries. Vx Observe provides companies a data-driven tool to manage energy consumption and spend. It collects energy usage information from utility bills or directly from meter readings and can normalize consumption reporting from multiple sources to provide valuable, real-time visibility across suppliers. It also combines energy information with asst history, maintenance & service data, and environmental and site attributes. Vx Observe generates a complete picture of your energy usage and allows for meaningful comparisons between facilities.
This position reports directly to the Manager, Engineering and will be located in Accruent’s Office in New Orleans, LA
How you'll make a difference:
- Create code that meets design specifications, follows standards, and is easy to maintain. When required, makes suggestions for new designs.
- Perform and design testing protocols to ensure that the product is fully tested.
- Ensure that all enhancements, bug fixes, and new products are documented.
- Engage in production support task. When technical issues with the product arise, the engineer must act quickly to analyze the available data and find the root cause of the problem
- Work with various teams in the organization to ensure appropriate project requirements are met.
- Be an expert in at least one of the key technical and functional areas of a product.
- Mentor entry level Software Associates on engineering and company best practices.
- Mentor entry level Software Associates on technology and product practices.
- Ability to teach other non-technical customers/other team members information about the code.
- Participate in a Development team that is responsible for developing quality software.
- Create product using a “test-driven design” approach.
- Ability to carry out all policies and procedures as established by the team, department or company at large.
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: grit, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude, humility
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years minimum experience in object-oriented development using Java and adhering to modern web architecture through continuous integration and delivery
- Experience with full life cycle application development within an agile framework, including requirements gathering, technical design, manual and automated unit through acceptance testing, implementation, documentation, and on-going support
- Experience implementing SOAP and RESTful web services or micro service APIs using XML and JSON payloads that can be used across multiple device types
- Experience with relational database development including design integration and modeling for current or prospective applications.
- Ability to work well within group or individually on projects.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- This job does not require travel domestically or internationally,
- This is a full-time, exempt opportunity.
- Relocation will not be considered for this position.
- At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
- All job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 10,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 150 countries around the world.For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.