Senior Java Developer (Remote) at Securly
326% Growth - SaaS - EdTech
Security and AI products Awarded as the EdTech Product of the year three years in a row.
Awarded TOP PLACE TO WORK 3 years in a row
As a REMOTE Senior Java Developer at Securly, you will have the opportunity to work on multiple technologies. Our development scope extends from the device-specific driver, service, and communication protocols to cloud scalable connectivity, big data processing, and customer enterprise UI creation. The pace is fast. The process is agile.
This is an excellent opportunity to become a leading member of a small team of highly-skilled Java developers, fully supported by a group of UI and design experts, QA engineers, and DevOps engineers. There are many exciting projects on which to work. Securly, software developers excel at solving challenging problems, collaborating well, and working with customer teams to deploy solutions rapidly.
This is a fully remote role, but you can work onsite in our San Jose, CA, or Charlotte, NC office if desired.
What You Will Do:
- Ability to design excellent, scalable, sustainable enterprise software systems, and components
- Quickly understand and extend engineering architectural patterns
- Independently solve challenging software problems
- Document engineering designs and prioritize architectural and non-functional requirements
- Analyze and estimate development efforts
- Deliver high-quality code that has been thoroughly tested
- Write RESTful APIs
Preferred Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- 8+ years of software development experience with modern Java stack: Java 11, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Hibernate ORM/JPA/MyBatis, JDBC, FlywayDB
- Strong analytical capability and record of independent contributions
- Must have a good sense of engineering tradeoffs within the contexts of extendibility, scalability, performance, and maintainability
- Knowledge of multi-threading concepts. Should be able to identify concurrency issues and optimize components design.
- Experience with SQL transactions management in a multi-threaded environment
- A plus would be asynchronous message communication/integration technologies (ActiveMQ), JMS, MQTT, and AMQP.
- Working knowledge of database technologies (PostgreSQL MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience with OO design and design patterns
- Comfortable working on a Linux environment
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to listen, articulate, facilitate and advocate
- Experience with CICD would be a plus.
- Knowledge of main cryptographic concepts and experience with libraries like Bouncy Castle would be a plus.
- Experience with integrating external systems using different technologies(OAuth, XML, JSON, APIs) would be a plus.
- DevOps experience with AWS infrastructure and services would be a plus
- Experience in the field of Mobile Device Management (MDM) would be a plus
- Experience with multiple front end frameworks such as Angular/React would be a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Securly, Inc.
- Recognized as Top Places to Work 3 years in a row https://topworkplaces.com/award/bayarea/2021/35-149/?page=1
- Product of the 3 years in a row - https://bit.ly/3hgQiYG
- Securly One Pager - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kwV_vvbDf4FdAN4XmwXy0_QDIOOShu0X/view?usp=sharing
- 45-second cloud product demo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwsjAjnW-QE
Innovation - Our innovative products and talented people have;
- Established Securly in over 20% of the US market and growing rapidly internationally
- Implemented Securly into 15,000+ schools
- Monitored more than 5+ billion online activities
- Revolutionized student wellness and school safety for more than 10+ million children
- Saved the lives of more than 1500+ children
Some of the Perks
- Recognized as Top Places to Work for multiple years in a row
- Unlimited Vacation (Flex Time)
- Company-sponsored medical benefits
- Pool tables, Foosball (table soccer), and other fun office activities
- Routine company outings
Some In-Office perks
- You will enjoy breakfasts, lunches, and happy hours
- You will enjoy commuter reimbursement and free parking
- You will enjoy a fully stocked kitchen with drinks and snacks