Senior Java Developer - India at Vonage (Remote)
Vonage Engineering Mission:
Vonage London is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud
communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat,
and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the
world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model,
we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
The Engineering team at Vonage is a fast growing group of talented engineers. As a Senior
Software Engineer in our Voice RTC (Real-time communications) team, you will develop new
features and tools for applications that underpin our voice capability all over the world, your
code will be critical in allowing thousands of people to connect via voice every second. The
code you write will directly affect the success of businesses around the world.
Location: Bangalore or remote across India
What you will do:
● Design and develop a wide-range of distributed, robust real-time and high-volume
production applications for our Voice API platform, and develop prototypes.
● Ability to choose the appropriate technology based on the need.
● Develop and support software using best practices including aspects of documentation,
test, deployment and operations.
● Apply innovative thinking to all functions of development.
● Ability to complete individual tasks end-to-end independently but working with a larger
team to accomplish bigger objectives.
What we value:
● Being disruptive. Getting things done. With smart people. Enjoying knowing that the work
we do is having a global impact by enabling never before imagined communications.
● We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on
customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We
iterate quickly, we fail fast, we take smart chances. We value those who will help us
continue this spirit
● Values matter at Vonage. We are on a mission to bring value for consumers and
enterprises through global cloud based communications.
● But just as important as delivering value is how we deliver that value.
● We believe in integrity. Both personally and professionally. We believe in empowering
our employees and are actively seeking entrepreneurs in training who want to help build
● We have gotten to this point by being committed, passionate, and focused on getting
things done. We need more people like us. If this appeals to you then we encourage you
What you will bring:
● 5+ years of experience in Software Development
● You have an excellent understanding of core Java, J2EE, concurrency and server-side
experience with knowledge of design patterns.
● Experience in Java Spring, SpringBoot, JMX.
● Knowledge of VOIP protocols such as SIP, RTP.
● Knowledge of open-source technologies (Freeswitch, Asterisk, OpenSIPs and/or
● Experience with Cloud-based technologies such as AWS is a plus.
● Experience with REST microservices, XML/JSON.
● Experience in event driven programming for realtime time intensive applications.
● Proven ability to produce best in class highly distributed systems.
● Deep understanding of Object Oriented Design and standard design patterns.
● Experience of multi-threaded, 3-tier architectures, web services and caching.
● Knowledge of NoSQL databases.
● Knowledge of Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins is a plus.
● Experience with development in a Unix/Linux environment.
● An interest in continuing your own development across a range of new technologies.
● Ability and willingness to work in a global, fast-paced environment.
● Flexible with the ability to adapt working style to meet objectives.
● Experience with DevOps practices & tools.
● Ability to stay organized, strong analytical and communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience