--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You will be a technical leader at Dataminr and will ensure that our corporate cloud first compute environments are maintained, secure, and continue to meet the business demands. You have excellent communication skills and can problem solve in many contexts. You are someone who brings an engineering mindset to solving technical problems.
Your day-to-day work will include managing our Identity and Access Management (IAM) system to ensure best practices are implemented and maintained within the Dataminr enterprise system tech stack. You will focus on building, documenting, and maintaining enterprise IT automation systems that focus on providing value to the larger organization. You will ensure consistency and reliability of our systems, and will contribute to larger strategic projects that span multiple teams and geographies, and will provide input into our longer-term roadmap and planning activities. You will also mentor other engineers on the IT team on the services that you manage and technologies deployed.
- Be constantly on the lookout for opportunities to eliminate manual work through tool building and automation
- Contribute to ongoing enhancements to the SAAS Technical Owner playbook - setting the standard by which Dataminr manages applications
- Presume the role of Technical Owner for various systems and services managed by IT
- Create and maintain technical knowledge base documents
- Extend self-service capabilities to empower users and reduce support workload
- Contribute to the development and refinement of operational metrics, and improve the systems used to manage our automation platforms
- Work with Security teams to define, enforce, and validate SAAS and Hosted application security posture
- Hold a high bar for code quality and standards by reviewing, approving and providing feedback on code submission by your peers
- Be a contributor to longer-term artifacts such as team policies/practices and project roadmap
- Provide Tier 3 support for IT and system level services
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the Information Technology field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing enterprise directory services and associated IAM systems
- Proficiency with at least one coding language: Python, Ruby, Bash, PowerShell, Java, etc
- Strong knowledge of various authentication protocols (SAML, OAuth, LDAP, etc)
- Experience implementing Role Based Access Control (RBAC) to ensure least privilege access is managed and maintained
- Understanding of various provisioning and deprovisioning strategies (SCIM, LDAP, API, Just in Time, etc)
- Strong security focus and current knowledge of security landscape
- Experience working in a regulated environment preferred (SOC2, ISO27001, SOX, etc)
- Committed to delivering a seamless user experience
- Managing system configurations and customizations with a configuration-as-code first approach
- Integrating systems by writing middleware
- Leveraging APIs to automate processes
- SaaS management experience: Google Workspace, Microsoft 365, Slack, Atlassian, etc.
- Proficiency with these classes of tools:
- Identify Providers: Okta, JumpCloud, Azure AD, Active Directory etc.
- Git: GitLab, GitHub, etc.
- CI/CD: GitLab CI, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, etc.
- IAAS: Amazon AWS, Google GCP, Microsoft Azure, etc.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.