Senior IT Security Engineer at Motional
Motional is seeking an experienced Senior IT Security Engineer to support IT Security and Compliance initiatives.
As a Senior IT Security Engineer,
- You will be an integral member of Motional’s IT Security team, which is responsible for securing the enterprise’s IT infrastructure and services.
- You will collaborate with engaging and talented colleagues to protect Motional’s computing assets while enabling our autonomous vehicle engineers to rapidly undertake research and development of self-driving vehicles and supporting systems.
- You will get exposure to many facets of Information Security and Compliance and will have the opportunity to grow.
- You will demonstrate hands-on experience in security engineering, administration of security technologies, asset security, network and communications security, identity and access management, security assessments, and security compliance.
- You will not be afraid to try different approaches.
- You will directly contribute to Motional’s driverless future by securing Motional’s Infrastructure.
- You will get first-hand experience and exposure to industry breakthroughs in the autonomous driving space.
The Motional Las Vegas office is located less than 10 miles from the Las Vegas strip at 730 E Pilot Road, the Las Vegas office is home to one of the largest fleets of self-driving vehicles. The city’s grid system of roads and being one of America’s “smart cities” allows for extensive research and development testing.
What You'll Be Doing
- You’ll implement Motional’s IT security policy and procedures and track compliance.
- You’ll contribute directly to updating security policies, procedures, and documentation when and as required.
- You’ll use your expertise to independently evaluate security controls used to protect Motional’s infrastructure and suggest changes/enhancements.
- You’ll deploy, administer and operate multiple security solutions such as CASB, email security solutions, Vulnerability scanning tools, patch management tools, EDR, SIEM, DLP, network security solutions, etc.
- You’ll be responsible for -
- monitoring networks and systems for vulnerabilities, security breaches, or intrusions
- overseeing the response to the vulnerabilities and security incidents including investigation and forensic analysis, implementing countermeasures, patching, and recovery planning
- engaging, interacting, and coordinating with third-party incident responders, including law enforcement.
- You’ll have the opportunity to learn and advance your skills through assisting in implementing ISO 27001 security controls and maintaining compliance.
- You’ll assist in security risk management initiatives, internal security assessments, vendor security risk assessments, and external security audits.
- Your expertise will help the team to analyze the security systems and seek improvements on a continuous basis.
- You’ll contribute by analyzing trends, news, and changes in the threat and compliance landscape with respect to organizational risk
- You’ll assist in the development and administration of information security training and awareness programs.
- You’ll coordinate with a wider variety of other technical groups including product cybersecurity, engineering teams, and the broader IT team to establish security as a root of the organization.
- You’ll assist in the administration of Identity and Access Management Systems.
- You will use your knowledge and expertise to implement security best practices in Motional.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering disciplines or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of full-time experience in Information Technology implementation, maintenance, and support.
- 3+ years of full-time hands-on experience in an IT Security position.
- Comprehensive knowledge of hardware systems, system software, networks, and application software development lifecycle methodologies.
- Experience securing cloud environments.
- Thorough understanding of ISO/IEC 27001 standard and experience implementing controls mandated by the standard.
- Solid understanding of the GDPR and national data protection laws.
- Ability to research and ascertain best-practices concepts relative to all aspects of both system environment and information security.
- Problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written.
- An inquiring mindset with the ability to think analytically and provide effective feedback, where appropriate.
- Experience securing cloud environments.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced research and development environment.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines while simultaneously working on multiple projects.
- Work independently with guidance only in most complex situations.
- Security certifications like Security+, CEH, CISSP, etc.
If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above - that’s okay! We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited to come to work every day and that you can deliver the results we need.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.