M1 is a personal finance platform made for the modern era, uniting individual perspective with automated ease. Hundreds of thousands of investors take control of their long-term wealth with M1 and have already trusted us with over $6 billion of assets. As the Finance Super App™, we empower financial well-being with all the tools to invest, borrow, and spend: low-cost borrowing, high interest checking, and high cash back Visa® debit and credit card rewards.
We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being and strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our competitors. We've been named a top app for investors including 2022 Best for Low Costs and Best for Sophisticated Investors by Investopedia.
As a fast-growing fintech company, we're looking for talented and smart individuals who are excited about rethinking what's possible with personal finance, invested in their personal and professional growth, and take ownership of the work they want to do - all while helping others create something meaningful and sustainable for their futures. Our award-winning workplace culture has been recognized by CB Insights (Top Fintech Companies of 2021), the Chicago Tribune (2021 Top Workplace), and Built In Chicago (2022 Best Places to Work in Chicago).
We mean it when we say, "M1 is yours to build."
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we're looking for
We're looking for an experienced iOS engineer to help us scale. We're a high-performance, high-impact team that values curiosity, collaboration, and transparency. Everyone has a direct hand in shaping the future of the product. If you're the kind of engineer who is looking to both help us grow and grow with us- then we'd love to talk to you. We're hiring for our headquarters in Chicago, our office in Salt Lake City, and remotely across the US.
What you'll do
- Build new features and improve the existing iOS Invest product
- Manage and maintain a robust and extensible application architecture
- Keep pace with the Apple ecosystem and integrate with new platform capabilities
- Engage with designers and other engineers to ensure a unified product experience
- Develop, implement, and operate testing processes that ensure consistent quality
- Monitor and respond to production app crashes and customer issues
- Manage build processes and TestFlight beta testing
- In-depth knowledge of Swift, UIKit, and iOS app development
- Experience using Cocoapods, Fastlane and/or GraphQL is a plus
- Familiarity with client application and systems architecture patterns
- Prior experience building and maintaining apps with comprehensive feature sets and rich user interfaces
- Prior experience operating and supporting production apps
- Structured, organized thinker that is both attentive to detail and mindful of the big picture
- Basic knowledge of and interest in investing and personal finance
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement) and five Employee Resource Groups (Mental Health, Pride, Black, Latinx, and Women at M1), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you - we'd love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym