WHO WE ARE
We are PickTrace, an early-stage software start-up that provides workforce and harvest management solutions for large-scale farms. We are a YCombinator company that has raised $33M in Series B funding. We are building the farm management system of the future. Today, we serve some of the largest berry, citrus, and apple growers in the United States and internationally, and our application is used by tens of thousands of farmworkers each day.
Our product and industry are ever-changing, and it is not uncommon for priorities or goals to shift quickly. We are building a world-class organization, and we believe individuals with high mental horsepower can up-level all members of the team around them.
You could drive development efforts to our mobile application, from architecture and design decisions, to collaboration with design, to hands-on implementation? We’re looking for a Senior iOS Engineer that is capable of consistently producing high-quality work, who is outstanding in their follow-through, who is not content with partial solutions, and who is thoughtful in both planning and implementation. Most importantly, we’re looking for an individual who is friendly and easy to work with, passionate about their work, and receptive to feedback and professional growth.
This role will report directly to our CTO.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Be the first in house iOS expert helping develop an offline first mobile application.
- Collaborate on a mobile team with senior android engineers to craft an intuitive, high-performance mobile user experience across platforms.
- Drive the creation and implementation of best practices for the iOS app, from unit and UI testing to CI and our release process.
- Build a product for users of varying levels of tech-savviness, trust in technology, and demographics.
- Represent and drive mobile related initiatives by aligning cross functionally with engineers, product managers, designers, and leaders.
- Develop and communicate technical plans as our product scales.
- Facilitate and contribute to mobile architecture discussion and overall decision making.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- An inspirational technical leader who is enthusiastic about the iOS platform and can raise the technical bar for iOS best practices.
- Expert knowledge in iOS development with at least 5+ years of hands on experience, including but not limited to:
- Experience building and scaling mobile applications from the ground up
- Tracking analyticsImplementing unit and end-to-end tests
- Working with feature flagging and A/B testing
- Integrating with CI/CD pipelines
- Deep understanding of mobile performance, latency, and security issues.
- Existing publications and experience with release management in mobile marketplaces.
- Ability to simplify, break down, and hone in on the core elements of problems to drive towards solutions.
- Strong communication skills and can work effectively with a cross-functional team (including with non-technical colleagues).
- Cross platform application development experience.
- Experience leading mobile app development projects from conception to market
WHAT TRAITS ARE IMPORTANT TO US
Coachability - You are hungry for feedback on how to improve, embrace the feedback, and quickly implement it into your day-to-day operations.
Curiosity - Our product and industry are ever changing and you have a thirst to seek more knowledge about both on a daily basis.
Work Ethic - You have a unique ability to prioritize your workload and work efficiently through your focus areas in an effective manner.
Preparation - You take pride in being detail oriented and well prepared for the work in front of you. The thought of taking on an initiative without a plan gives you reason to pause.
Adaptability to Change - You are comfortable and flexible to switch your focus rapidly to align with the updated business initiatives.
Intelligence - You consider yourself a strategic thinker, and push conversations forward with co-workers by offering unique perspectives.
Passion - We are disrupting the lowest technology adopting vertical in the world with a best in breed enterprise SaaS workforce management platform and exude excitement about the market opportunity in front of us.
Prior Success - You have a track record of over-achievement, and take pride in ensuring top-level results are achieved in your daily work.
Competitiveness - You are motivated daily to be the best at what you do. When you are outperformed it pushes you harder to up-level your performance.
Brevity - You have a unique ability to break down complex topics into concise and meaningful explanations.
If this sounds like you, we would absolutely love to meet you!