We're transforming the grocery industry
Instacart is the North American leader in online grocery and one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Since 2012, we’ve been working towards creating a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together.
Groceries delivered to your door in as little as an hour. It seems simple, right? Well, it’s more complex than that. From re-routing deliveries during snowstorms, to connecting customers with coupons and deals for their favorite brands, to updating over half a billion grocery data lines every night...our efforts bring Instacart closer to being the operating system for the grocery industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Instacart, our Mobile Engineers are working to delight our customers and empower our shoppers. As a Mobile Engineer at Instacart you will work with our teams to build robust, well-architected applications that simplify the complex challenge of getting our customer’s orders from the store to their door. In this role you will work on challenging scaling problems while also crafting the features that will define our industry. You will build in an open collaborative environment serving millions of requests daily.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our team is investing heavily in the next-generation of our services. At our velocity and volume-level we need the ability to deploy new products and features faster and better. Join our team and build the best new user experiences anywhere. Our team is creating new architectural designs and new services that couple best-in-class engineering with highly-informed business knowledge.
ABOUT THE JOB
- You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and autonomy for managing things directly
- You will work closely with Product Managers, other teams, and both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution
- You will ship high quality, scalable and robust solutions with a sense of urgency
- You will have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives
- You will educate colleagues about subtleties & unique capabilities of the platform and leveraging them when building new features
- 5+ years of iOS app development experience
- Strong development skills in Swift, Xcode, UIKit and iOS SDK
- Strong sense of product ownership
- Automated testing experience
- An ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Solid understanding of various architecture patterns such as MVVM and MVC
- Strong general programming and algorithm skills
- Data driven mindset
Accommodations & Accessibility
At Instacart, we strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need assistance submitting an application through our career site due to a disability, please submit an Accommodations Request Form and someone from our team will reach out soon to see how we may be able to assist.