Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the Opportunity:
At Angi, security is tightly woven into product and infrastructure development. We challenge our teams to build systems that are secure-by-default and to protect our users’ most sensitive data. You will be joining a team of engineers who will champion security initiatives throughout the organization. You will be building tools to make secure-by-default easy. You will be conducting regular audits/tests to identify risks and prioritizing fixes for the identified risks. You will continue to raise the bar to make our systems secure.
What you will do:
- Implement security best practices in our cloud and on-premise IT environment following industry standards / recommendations.
- Identify vulnerabilities / missing patches across all physical servers, virtual servers, end user workstations, containers, etc. and ensure they are prioritized for remediation.
- Implement runtime security measures for our container environments.
- Ensure relevant audit and security logs are collected to a central location and exposed to the correct teams for triage, analysis, and incident response.
- Work with auditors and compliance teams to meet required policies and collect required evidence.
- Work with IT / Engineering teams to ensure admin rights are not needed on end user workstations for every day tasks and to ultimately trim down the number of users that have admin rights.
- Ensure all endpoints throughout the organization are configured with security settings that align with industry standards and that they have the relevant security tools (MDM, EDR, etc.) installed.
- Implement zero trust principles throughout the infrastructure that facilitates a BYOD model for certain use cases.
- Enhance incident response playbooks and leverage automation using SOAR products where possible.
- Actively participate in the design and implementation of applications, services, and infrastructure to ensure security and privacy design principles are being followed.
- Actively participate in all facets of the incident response lifecycle
Who you are:
- You have a BS or an MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, or a related field
- You have 4+ years of experience working on a security team supporting product/engineering functions, cloud infrastructure, and corporate infrastructure development
- You have experience in AWS specifically with one or more of the following AWS services: GuardDuty, Config, WAF, Shield, Macie, CloudTrail, SecurityHub.
- You have in-depth knowledge of security threats, applied cryptography, and risk assessments
- You have software engineering experience and an engineering mindset for building reliable and maintainable security infrastructure to support a large organization with CI/CD software engineering practices
- You have experience working with product development teams to empower them on advancing security initiatives
- You have experience defining and implementing internal practices and controls for PCI and SOX/ITGC information security compliance standards
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills and technologies
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or container technologies preferred
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary band for this position ranges from $160,000 - $210,000 annually, commensurate with experience and performance.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy: work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)