Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
As a member of our Hardware team, you will lead design and development on Verkada’s newest products. Verkada’s Hardware Engineers own all aspects of the EE design and validation, working directly with our JDM partners to ship cutting-edge products.
- Architect and define new hardware products in collaboration with the product and mechanical engineering team
- Engage with our silicon vendors to stay on top of emerging technologies and future releases
- Own schematic and layout development based on the architecture you have created
- Quickly prototype new products for proof of concept study
- Build and execute a robust test plan by leveraging resources at our JDM/ODM partners
- Lead JDM teams to efficiently and effectively complete programs
- BS in Electrical Engineering, MS preferred.
- 8+ years experience in designing new electronics products.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description