PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Gameplay Programmer
Open to remote work-from-home or relocation to San Diego Studio
We will consider mid-level to senior plus professional experience.
Are you a game developer with an appetite for high quality, 3rd person, Action/Adventure games? Sony PlayStation’s Visual Arts Services Group (VASG) provides extraordinary content, development and services to Worldwide Studios. We offer a full-service production studio with an emphasis in art and animation, as well as pre-visualization, cinematics, character creation, motion capture, software development, and face/body scanning, tracking and solving.
We are building a new game development team in partnership with the Visual Arts Service Group (VASG), an award-winning, full-production studio that specializes in Animation, Motion Capture, Cinematics, Art and Scanning. This extraordinary team is known for its contributions to Uncharted, Death Stranding, God of War, The Last of Us II, and more. We partner with PlayStation Studio’s Naughty Dog, Guerrilla Games, Santa Monica Studio, Sucker Punch Productions, Bend Studio, Japan Studio, Insomniac Games and more.
- Support the vision of the Sr. Design staff and artists to bring gameplay to life.
- Implement existing gameplay systems into a new framework.
- Gameplay scripting using text-based scripting tools.
- Improving existing level scripts for interaction and engagement.
- Ownership and maintenance on gameplay systems such as: Melee combat, ranged combat, gameplay cameras, player navigation, etc.
- General troubleshooting with technical aspects of the Design pipeline.
- Contribute to the design process of gameplay features.
- Prototyping and refining gameplay features.
- Strength programming with C++.
- Detailed understanding of 3D math.
- Exposure to programming and scripting languages such as Python, LUA, C#, etc.
- Strong and effective communication skills.
- Self-motivated with an ability to take initiative.
- Strong problem-solving ability, and a keen eye for details.
- A passion for playing and developing outstanding games.
- B.S. in computer science, and 5+ year’s professional experience.
- Experience shipping a 3rd person action game.
- Console programming experience
- Familiarity with Lisp programming language
- Maya experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.