Senior Gameplay Programmer (Assassin's Creed VR) at Ubisoft (Raleigh, NC)
Ubisoft is one of the world's biggest creators, publishers and distributors of videogames and interactive services. The group has a broad portfolio of internationally renowned brands such as Assassin's Creed, Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Rainbow Six...
Supported by a worldwide network of studios and distribution subsidiaries, the teams at Ubisoft are dedicated to offering players original and unforgettable game experiences on all popular platforms, including consoles, smartphones, tablets and PCs.Job Description
Red Storm is seeking a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join our AAA VR development team! You will work closely with designers, artist and other programmers to make the game vision a reality. If you are passionate about games and game development, have the ability to iterate and refine your work rapidly, and actively participate in bringing various game features to life this may be the job for you!
- Develop and implement gameplay systems in a multiplayer environment.
- Implement game features and integrate engine features as needed to support desired gameplay
- Provide hooks between low-level technology and game-level systems
- Design algorithms that provide the desired gameplay results within real-time performance and memory budgets.
- Analyze and refactor code to optimize performance.
- Evaluate and communicate the potential impact of code changes
- Suggest solutions to maximize features and fulfill design desires
- Provide regular updates on technology risks and obstacles to designers, leads, and producers
- Test, debug and document code
- Mentor junior engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or related area
- Minimum of 4 years game industry experience with 1 shipped title
- Experience with implementing network gameplay, AI, animations, or physics
- Source control and bug tracking software
- Basic 3D Math knowledge
- Console programming experience (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox ONE, or PS4)
- Experience with implementing network gameplay, AI, or physics
- Capable of working with and creating game scripting systems
- Strong understanding of the coding process, standards, and methodologies
- Ability to judge feature quality in relation to other current competing games
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving, and rapid deployment of effective solutions
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize work
- Effective communicator, both verbally and written
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- Able to travel internationally
- Heavily subsidized paid medical and dental insurance for employees and dependents.
- Paid life and short- and long-term disability insurance.
- 401(k) plan with match.
- New hires start with 3 weeks of vacation annually, increasing to a cap of 5 weeks based on years of service along with 3 additional weeks of wellness time.
- 10 paid holidays (and we’re closed the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day).
- 12 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Body-Mind-Soul monthly reimbursement program for eligible activities.
- Strong, incentivized, employee referral program.
- Flexible work schedule.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.