Who we are
Lilt is a language translation services and technology company. We're building the next generation of localization, making it possible for every organization to communicate with their customers in the language of their choice through Lilt's high-quality, scalable, and affordable translation services.
We recruit the world's best human translators and equip them with our software, allowing them to translate better and faster than ever. By combining human expertise and machine efficiency in a complete enterprise localization solution, we can deliver technology-enabled translation services to our customers.
Lilt is backed by some of the world's leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Intel Capital, and Redpoint. Our customers include some of the largest Fortune 500 companies in the world who rely on Lilt every day to provide more personal customer experiences in 300+ languages.
Our team has hubs in San Francisco Bay Area, Indianapolis, Washington DC, Berlin, Dublin, and the UK.
Lilt is a high-performance, large-scale language translation system. We invest in and prioritize both workflow (i.e., usability and interface design) and backend NLP/AI systems. Since the translation workforce is distributed worldwide, there are interesting multi-region cloud engineering problems to solve. We have a strong preference for building our own AI technology, so you’ll be implementing and working with the latest techniques and ideas.
What you’ll do
You'll be developing new features and services for the Lilt production frontend. Everyone on the team does DevOps, too, so you'll need and will gain experience debugging a large-scale production system.
This position will be based out of our Indianapolis office and employees will be expected to come into the office in a hybrid capacity.
Key responsibilities include:
- You have significant large-scale software engineering experience with React.js.
- You have solid relational database knowledge and significant experience with very large MySQL installations highly valued.
- You will demonstrate knowledge of industry trends.
- You will apply your engineering experience to Implement the best user experience for our application users.
- You will share your knowledge with your colleagues helping them to grow their technical skills.
- You will keep the technical excellence bar high, contributing to code quality, doing code reviews, increasing test coverage, etc.
- You will partner with product team and help to decompose huge business requirements into smaller deliverables.
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience with NodeJS and Express framework.
- Great problem solving abilities.
- Willingness to work in a team
- Sensitivity to different cultures
- Passion for your work
What we offer:
- Compensation: Competitive salary, meaningful equity, and 401k matching.
- Health care: Employees receive coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Monthly lifestyle benefit stipend via the Fringe platform to allow employees to customize benefits to their lifestyle
Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
All US employees are required to be vaccinated per Lilt's Company policy (some exceptions may apply)
Lilt is an equal opportunity employer. We extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to an individual’s race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, veteran or marital status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. We are committed to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
More Information on Lilt
Lilt operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA and Indianapolis, IN. Lilt was founded in 2015. It has 288 total employees. To see all 34 open jobs at Lilt, click here.
Read Full Job Description