Join our mission-driven organization, where your work matters and a diversity of ideas and backgrounds are welcomed. AbleTo is the leading provider of high quality, technology-enabled behavioral health care. We believe that everyone deserves access to high-quality care and offer a suite of technology-enabled services to empower people to lead better lives through better mental health. A proprietary platform connects individuals with AbleTo highly trained licensed providers who deliver weekly sessions by phone or video supported by an integrated digital experience. Members also have access to mental health coaches, and digital support programs. Our outcomes-focused approach is proven to improve both behavioral and physical health and lower medical costs.
Our consumer product teams are creating a phenomenal user experience for participants of our suite of products: our self-paced app-delivered CBT program and our virtual therapy program that combines digital tools with human care. We are building and supporting an accessible, clean and performant user interface. We love to develop and ship software that provides deep and meaningful impact to people’s mental and behavioral health.
As an AbleTo Senior Fullstack Software Engineer, you are responsible for designing, building, and owning the interfaces and services that power our products. You stay curious and embrace a growth mindset, and readily share your skills and knowledge with a talented team of engineers, designers, and product managers. You sweat the small stuff and demonstrate commitment to solid engineering principles and quality. And you help foster an environment of mutual respect, empathy, and transparency. If this describes you, join our team!
- 3+ years experience with PHP
- 2+ years experience with Node.js
- 2+ years experience with relational databases (MySQL, MSSQL, PostgreSQL)
- 3+ years hands-on experience with full-stack web development using secure, containerized applications
- Experience building pragmatic APIs in a microservices architecture
- Experience creating clean, reusable backend services
- Experience with healthcare interoperability standards (nice to have)
What You’ll Do:
- Actively participate in the design and/or refactoring of our front end web application architecture, stressing usability, performance, security, and resilience.
- Identify accessibility and UX risks and drive their remediation.
- Enhance coding standards, developer documentation, and knowledge transfer to new or less experienced developers.
- Support a high quality bar for each release through team requirements discussions, pairing, and collaborative code review.
Who You Are:
- You are agile. You look for the next shortest iteration to achieve your technical vision.
- You are a craftsperson. You are dedicated to learning the latest tools, methodologies and techniques of your profession.
- You are obsessed with quality. You contribute to code reviews and leverage extensive test coverage to ensure low defect releases.
- You are organized. You can manage your tasks and time effectively
- You are a collaborator. You communicate with clarity, and work effectively across a growing, distributed team.
- You hustle. You don't need to wait for people to tell you what to work on.
Why You Should Join Our Team:
We take pride in putting people first above all, including our own team members. We provide our team, and their families, with a wealthy benefits package to care for their physical, financial, and professional health, equipped with medical, dental, and vision benefits, a generously-funded Health Reimbursement Account (HRA), no-cost mental health support, 401K matching, and plenty more. Our “One Team” approach to fostering our culture has built an environment of mutual respect, empathy, and transparency (with a little bit of fun!). We empower people of all backgrounds to excel at AbleTo. Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are just a part of our Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity initiatives. Our unique approach to career development is simply that: unique to you. No two people are alike, and neither should be their growth plan, which is why we work with each employee to design an individual development path.
Follow AbleTo on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AbleTo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. AbleTo is an E-Verify company.