Senior Full Stack Software Engineer at BrainGu (Remote)
The Senior Full Stack Software Engineer part of an application development team within BrainGu tasked with building and maintaining mission critical apps for our customers as part of the Mission-Apps-as-a-Service offering. Mission Apps-as-a-Service puts operators side by side with world-class BrainGu software engineering teams. This ensures modern and secure development at the fastest optempo possible and aligned directly to mission needs.
This role is also expected to be able to support and switch between various projects, so organization is a key skill required. The ideal candidate will be a battle-hardened web developer that has significant experience architecting and building production-grade products in React within small, high-paced teams.Job Duties:
- Responsible for delivering work under tight deadlines, and is committed to work as needed to complete time-sensitive tasks.
- Integrating front-end UI with the constructed API
- Writing clean and well-documented code
- Experienced in communicating complex topics to customers, peers, and leadership verbally and in writing, along with understanding and executing functional and technical specifications.
- Design and deployment of our database
- Ensuring the entire stack is designed and built for speed and scalability
- Design and construction of REST APIs
- Constructing APIs to support frontend features
- This position may require a US Government Clearance, which requires US Citizenship
- 5+ years of experience with:
- Python expertise is required and Django experience is strongly preferred
- Database design and management
- Server management and deployment
- 3-4 years of experience with:
- Building responsive, production-grade apps with React and TypeScript
- Well versed in web application security best practices
- Experience with CSS preprocessors (Sass, Less)
- Experience with modules & bundlers (Sass, Less, Webpack, Parcel, etc.)
- Understanding of user experience and product strategy
- Experience in implementing testing platforms, unit tests, linting, and static code analysis
- Experience with Redux, Redux Toolkit, and React Testing Library
- Code management with Git
- Working with staged environments (ie. development, integration/testing and production)
- Using agile methodologies (such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, or others)
- Prototyping in a fast-paced environment with little input
- Researching and tracking flaws with proven ability to use debuggers, log output, and other sources to troubleshoot, diagnose, and remediate bugs.
- Well versed with various serialization formats and/or data exchange methodologies (such as XML, JSON, AJAX, WebSockets, YAML, Protocol Buffers, Comet, or others)
- Experience utilizing Docker, and other containerization infrastructure as code components
- Experience utilizing frontend debugging tools such as Chrome Dev Tools
- Expertise in software engineering using modern, object-oriented programming languages (such as C#, C++, Objective-C, Ruby, or others) and techniques
- Understanding of networking for programming over HTTP and/or TCP calls
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker, and other containerization infrastructure as code
- Familiarity with various serialization formats and/or data exchange methodologies (such as XML, JSON, AJAX, WebSockets, YAML, Protocol Buffers, Comet, or others)
- NIX command line and shell scripting
- An ability to write complex queries in SQL and/or NoSQL databases
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related) recommended
- Active US Government Security Clearance preferred
- Military or previous DOD consulting experience
- Design and implementation of continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience with identity management tools (preferably Keycloak)
- 12 weeks fully paid parental leave for birth or adoption.
- 31 days of PTO, which includes federal holidays.
- 85% paid healthcare premiums for you, your spouse, and dependents.
- 401k matching (up to 5%) with immediate vesting.
- $10k “Brain Budget” to facilitate your personal and professional growth.
- $1,500 “Battle Station Budget” to outfit your home office with maximum RGB.
- A monthly cell phone and internet stipend.
- 100% employer paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability.
At BrainGu, we develop custom mission-critical software tools and environments that empower organizations and operators to solve real-world challenges and continuously improve capabilities.
We build customer-facing systems that operators love, and critical mission systems that users might never know existed. Clients seek out BrainGu to automate high-impact workflows, revitalize projects, jumpstart new innovation efforts, and analyze/integrate truly unusual systems.
BrainGu provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.