Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer (Typescript) - Data Community at DataCamp (Remote)
DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of scalable data education, assessments, certification and collaboration tools for data professionals. Since our launch more than 10 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items, and over 2,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organizations data fluent.
We will be massively scaling those numbers in 2022 and beyond, and want you to be a part of it!
About the role:
We are looking for exceptional engineers to join our newly created Data Community team. You will be joining a team with the mission to build the economic graph for the data industry. If you like challenges, want to learn a lot, and aren’t afraid to compete with much larger organizations, continue reading.
You will have the opportunity to join a startup within a startup and take ownership of the engineering side from the start, move fast, and deliver value to our users. A strong technical background, combined with a healthy dose of pragmatism and MVP thinking will be required to be successful in our mission.
We are open to remote candidates within the UK/EU.
- Help with democratizing data fluency by building the best collaboration platform for (citizen) data scientists.
- Deliver value to our users in an incremental and agile way.
- Work with the latest front and backend technologies to solve challenging problems.
- Architect new services in our existing microservices architecture.
The ideal candidate
- Has built great products before, and is passionate about creating new products.
- Has a cross-functional skillset with ideally a sense of “product feeling”
- Has 5+ years of web development experience using technologies like ReactJS, NodeJS, on both frontend and backend.
- Has experience with TypeScript.
- Can write clean, maintainable, performant, and testable code.
- Is a team player with excellent collaboration skills.
- Has a problem-solving and results-oriented mindset.
- Is interested in data science and/or education.
If you are interested in this role, but are not sure if you meet all the requirements, please do apply anyway!
For this position, we are considering candidates in either our Leuven or London offices as well as fully remote within European timezones.
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.