Datto, the world’s leading provider of IT solutions delivered through managed service providers, is looking for a Staff Software Engineer with a passion for security to join our fast paced growing team.A look at the role:
Datto is seeking an accomplished Senior Full Stack Software Engineer. This person will work with a talented Engineering team delivering some of Datto’s critical products. This person should be a software developer passionate about security. We want a Software Engineer who loves to code, solve innovative problems and can take ownership in their area of focus to build great products. Over time this individual will become a Security Champion, working closely with other Datto security experts providing guidance to Engineering and Product teams on how to build secure products. Collaboration and teamwork are at the foundation of our culture and we need engineers who will bolster this foundation.
Datto’s Partner Portal is a one-stop shop for our MSPs to manage their Datto assets across connected systems such as BCDR, SaaS, Networking, etc.
In this role, you will work closely with other Software Engineers and Security Experts to enhance and protect our software.
- Design and implement fixes for identified vulnerabilities
- Engage with Datto Security to champion improved security throughout the software development lifecycle
- Collaborate with the Product, Engineering and Security teams to prioritize security related work
- Participate in design and code reviews with security as your primary focus
- Design and implement security specific automated testing
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the architecture and codebase
- You have a passion for software engineering, security, quality and continuous learning
- Have solid understanding of the OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities
- 5+ years of experience in an object-oriented language (e.g. Java, PHP, C++, Scala, C#)
- Strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, design patterns, and algorithms
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Experience with distributed version control software (e.g. Git, Subversion, etc.)
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience with API development (e.g. RESTful, JSON-RPC, SOAP)
- Familiarity with development frameworks (e.g. Akka, Zend, Spring, Symfony, .NET)
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience designing, building and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Familiar with continuous integration, unit/automated testing, and quality delivery
- Familiar with agile development environment
- Independent, driven, creative, flexible, and enjoys taking ownership
- Comfortable communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders to understand and execute on technology roadmaps
- Passionate technologist looking to teach and learn from the best in software development
At Datto, we believe our employees are our greatest asset and offer all full-time employees a wide-ranging benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive health-care benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy
- Free food, drinks, and fresh organic fruit
- Charity match program
- Education reimbursement
- And more!
By submitting an application, you acknowledge we will process your data in order to consider you for the position you apply for and for other open positions within our company for which you may be suited. We collect and store your data in accordance with our Recruiting Privacy Practices.
Datto is an equal opportunity employer.