Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, Analytics and Visualization Platform
Atlassian is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Analytics and Visualization Platform team. This team, recently formed out of the acquisition of Chartio, is focused on unleashing the power of data for teams everywhere! More specifically, this team will be building the interfaces and services that help to surface data in dashboards and visualizations for Atlassian's customers.
That's where you come in. We're looking for full-stack software engineers familiar with both back-end and front-end development to join our team. You will be working in a small squad of 3-6 engineers within the Analytics and Visualization Platform team. Each squad has their own area of focus and we try to align the needs of the team with your skills and aspirations. We are excited to have you join our team!
In this Role, you will get to:
- Develop new features and products that are used by customers every day.
- Act as a technical leader, breaking down product and customer experience goals, identifying technical designs that will achieve them, and helping break those designs down into work items for the team
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to identify the best ways to deliver high-quality experiences to our customers.
- Operate a production application, using logging, metrics, and monitoring to understand and improve how our product works
- Drive healthy engineering team culture through your passion, creativity, and experience
- Continue learning and growing as an engineer through various career development opportunities, helping identify opportunities for others to grow through thoughtful code review
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Solid foundation in modern object-oriented, programming languages such as Python or Java
- Experience building web applications and REST based APIs on top of relational databases
- Experience writing automated tests to help ensure quality
- Experience building, deploying, and monitoring applications in cloud environments such as AWS or GCP
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.