Senior Full Stack - SDE II at LivePerson (New York City, NY or Remote)
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
- Own the design and implementation of significant portions of the product development, and serve as a leader and mentor for other engineers in their areas of work.
- Help set the features, architecture, and best practices of the team, and have significant influence on our overall strategy. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
- Create a reliable, scalable, and high performance service requiring exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems.
- Be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making software achieve its operational goals.
- Drive the execution and delivery of features by collaborating with architects, product owners, engineers, user experience designers and data scientists
- Build, scale and maintain critical features of the Enterprise platform that are used by millions of users and hundreds of thousands of customer service agents.
- Understand the customer/business requirements and translate them to elegant/flexible/easy-to-use platform capabilities. Actively work with Customer Support and Solution teams to handle customer inquiries and minimize escalations
- Collaborate with multiple external integration partners and come up with integration solutions that will enrich our Conversational Cloud platform and drive 100x growth
- Participate in the long term product roadmap discussion, represent the product/platform in the architecture review boards, and advice product management team on the technical aspects of product strategy
- Adopt, embrace, and promote agile and test-driven software development practices
- Develop test strategies, design automation frameworks, write unit/functional tests to drive up code coverage and automation goals
- Lead and mentor junior members of the team; Engage and motivate the team around a unified architecture vision
- Be a multiplier; Have a passion for working together as a team and ensuring team members’ succeed
- An excellent communicator who is comfortable with leading a white-board design discussion, meeting with customers under pressure, articulating the technical value proposition to non-technical audience, and presenting to senior management
You should be an expert in:
- Leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality systems.
- Delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- Frameworks/Runtime - Backend: Node/TypeScript/SpringBoot, Frontend: React/Angular/Vue
- Code repository and deployment pipelines - Git and Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including MySQL, PostgreSql and Cassandra.
- AWS-based cloud services: API Gateway, Lambda, Load Balancer, DynamoDB, S3, RDS, CloudFront, etc.
- Working with RESTful/Webhook APIs
- Understanding of software design patterns and ability to work with micro-service architectures.
- Building testable, scalable back-end APIs
- Experience in development with web frameworks for interactive and reactive UI
- Familiarity with scaling and performance optimization
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with teammates in a highly collaborative environment and simultaneously be a self-starter with strong individual contributions.
- Experience working within agile methodologies
- Excellent communications skills (interpersonal, written and verbal)
What you need for success:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years experience building successful production software systems
- Design and architecture experience, as well as sound knowledge with object oriented design patterns
- Experience working on large scale deployments and performance tuning.
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.