Senior Full Stack Engineer at Cisco Meraki (Remote)
At Meraki, we’re making IT easier, faster, and smarter. Our full stack teams build and maintain our web application, which manages millions of network devices from our cloud. Our customers use the Meraki dashboard to monitor and configure critical IT infrastructure that serves tens of millions of people every single day.
As a Meraki Full Stack Engineer, you will collaborate with firmware engineers to design, plan, and build new features for our customers. With the help of product managers and UX designers, you will construct intuitive and powerful workflows to solve important problems for IT professionals around the world.
Meraki’s product Dashboard teams are small, fast-moving teams striving to make our products unique in balancing their feature-rich abilities and their simplicity. You’ll be developing the tools by which our customers configure and monitor network devices all over the world. Our full-stack engineers are well versed in a wide array of CS concepts and excited to jump around languages, platforms, and all levels of the Meraki stack!What you will do:
- Developing the tools by which our customers configure and monitor network devices all over the world.
- Collaborate with firmware engineers to design, plan, and build new core product features for our customers.
- With the help of product managers and UX designers, you will construct intuitive and powerful workflows to solve important problems for IT professionals around the world.
- Responsible for crafting and building some of the high impact technology projects.
- Involved in resolving some of the complex scale-related problems
- Accountable for the stability of our product with a high customer focus.
- Share your knowledge by giving brown bags, tech talks, and evangelizing engineering standard methodologies.
- Have 5+ years of experience writing professional production code
- Have 3+ years of experience in building rich web UIs with React (and Redux) or similar frameworks
- Have 3+ years of experience in web backend technologies, like Ruby on Rails
- Can implement good database design in a relational database (we use Postgres).
- Have experience with customer-centric design
- Would thrive on a small engineering team and are excited to solve open-ended problems across the stack.
- Are interested in career advancement. We're looking for leaders, whether that means you want to be a strong leading individual contributor or you want to grow into a tech lead role.
- Experience or interest in networking
- Experience building cloud-based infrastructure and services (e.g. web applications).
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.