WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We’re looking for a Senior Engineer for our new User Targeting team, which is responsible for how our customers segment and target their users. We are a small and skilled team working close to customers in a core and high-impact area of our product. 100% of Braze customers who send messages use a product area that is owned by the User Targeting Team, and our pipelines process billions of users per day. This role provides a great opportunity to influence our product and how effective it is!
You’ll take on a variety of challenges, delivering in fast iterations of building and optimizing an ultrafast application for a massive scale. You will work closely with product and design, creating technical solutions that will delight our customers.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of full-stack development experience
- Experience leading projects and mentoring junior engineers
- Strong understanding of design, data structures, and algorithms
- A self-starter with great communication and organizational skills who has worked in a team environment before
- Professional experience building software at scale
- Professional experience with one of Ruby on Rails, React, TypeScript, Java, MongoDB, microservice architecture, distributed systems
- Experience with agile processes
- Passionate about user experience
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.