For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset - using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success - building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner - holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging - recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild is hiring a Senior Full Stack Engineer to work with a robust team to innovate and build software that helps adult learners continue their education journey. You will collaborate with creative engineers, product managers, and designers to build products that are intuitive, easy to use, and provide a frictionless experience for our users.
We are a growing organization of engineers, product managers, and designers who are excited about using technology to support millions of adult learners across the country.As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer you will:
- Build and design well-tested frontend web applications from the ground up
- Proactively engage with your team in daily stand-ups, planning meetings, and retros
- Write simple, clean, and maintainable code
- Collaborate with a Product Manager or Designer to ensure that project plans, stories, and estimates are accurate and prioritized properly
- Work closely with Guild architects to evolve our existing products and services
- Mentor engineers in our engineering organization – we’ll succeed, learn, and grow together
- Empower your team to deliver user value on a predictable cadence
- Using domain driven design concepts to split larger applications into smaller domains to improve autonomy
- Evolving services and applications in an iterative manner using techniques such as the Strangler Fig Pattern
- Giving and receiving feedback as part of a vibrant feedback culture
- Using AWS managed services to build scalable serverless applications in support of our fast growing customer base
- Proficiency with building new products, automated testing, and continuous integration patterns
- Delivery experience with iterative software development and/or lean product development
- A Learner’s Mindset – always be learning and sharing what you learn with others
- Affinity for building relationships – respect, communication, and recognition are an important part of building software at Guild
- Understanding of relational and non-relational database paradigms
- Passion for our mission – Guild is groundbreaking a new path for adult learners in a complicated and regulated space
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $155,000-$180,000, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 15 days of PTO/vacation in the first year. After your first year (or for Guilders in Director+ positions), you transition into an open vacation policy.
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.