Kinly is a financial services company helping Black America build generational wealth. We are focused on improving financial livelihood through financial education, Black-focused spending, and wealth building. Through our app, Kinly helps members manage their money and develop positive financial behaviors to reach goals and realize dreams. We are committed to attracting and hiring the most talented individuals to help us change lives and the lives of future generations. If our mission resonates with you, we encourage you to apply.
We are searching for a motivated and driven person who wants to build a Developer career with an innovative, fast-growing startup. Our team is here to make a big impact in the market, and we’re looking for team members to help achieve our goals by building an amazing financial product. Our Senior Full Stack Developer will be a key member of the Engineering team. This role is a prime creator of Kinly’s back-end financial product infrastructure.
- Review the requirements and identify and concerns prior to writing code.
- Provide estimates and design spec feedback.
- Write clear, concise and well-documented code.
- Develops solutions that encompass front-end, application layer, and back-end databases.
- Collaborate with other developers to enhance the user experience.
- Work closely with Product Managers to understand use cases and user needs.
- Develop responsive products which render seamlessly across multiple devices.
- Produce technical design documentation.
- Mentor the less experienced developers.
- 7+ years of experience with strong knowledge of data structures and system design.
- Solid React Native experience, including a thorough understanding of React and its core principles and experience with popular React workflows.
- Solid Python experience, Clojure preferred.
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries.
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Familiarity with modern front-end and backend build pipelines and tools.
- Experience building solutions on AWS services (Lambda, Codepipeline, etc.).
- Experience with Datomic, BitBucket.
- Experience working in an agile development environment (Agile, Scrum or Kanban preferred).
- Proactive and self-motivated. Ready to jump in on Day 1.
- Strong independent worker and team contributor.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with native iOS and/or Android.
- Prior Fintech experience
- Prior DevOps experience
Why You Should Apply:
- Industry Competitive Compensation
- New hire meaningful equity
- 100% Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
- Friendly diverse and inclusive workplace culture
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Vacations
Equal Opportunity at Kinly:
Kinly is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more.
Any information you submit to Kinly as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Kinly’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.