Senior Full Stack Developer, Billing at AppDirect (Remote)
Become a digital, global citizen and enable the new generation of digital entrepreneurs around the world. AppDirect offers a subscription commerce platform to sell any product, through any channel, on any device - as a service. We power millions of subscriptions worldwide for organizations. We do this by our values-driven culture—one that enables you to Be Seen, Be Yourself, and Do Your Best Work.
The billing services team is responsible for the end to end experience of a subscription billing, order orchestration, pricing & rating, usage mediation, invoicing, payment processing, settlement, and payouts of our customers. It’s our mission to leverage the latest technologies and architectures to provide a highly available, scalable, extensible, and robust platform that our provider can rely on to process a high volume of transactions for enterprise grade billing. Our adoption of a microservice architecture, combined with our cutting edge microservice infrastructure, fosters an efficient on-boarding and growth of our new teams. All of our teams are involved in this critical core engine that drives multiple product lines within AppDirect. Please join us on our journey powering the digital economy!
As a member of the team, you will create, grow, and manage a distributed network of marketplaces and applications. We love entrepreneurial spirit and those who bring experience from established organizations. You are a highly technical, hands-on developer with a passion for producing maintainable and robust code. You will design and develop well-tested software, build mission critical services, and APIs that scale with our increasingly elegant set of features.
What you'll do and how you'll make an impact:
- Working up and down the stack
- You will help shape and evolve the ecosystem for integrations into our platform as we scale with more use cases and areas of extensibility.
- Architect and build systems that can process a high volume of transactions.
- Design, implement, and support scalable fault tolerant systems to minimize customer impact in case of failures.
- Participate in the effort to move to a service oriented architecture.
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
Strong understanding of the following concepts and methodologies:
- Data Structure / Algorithms
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Design Patterns
- Agile Development methodology
- Event-Driven Architecture
- Asynchronous Resilient Processing
Strong experience in most of the following technologies:
- Core Java & Java Frameworks: Spring / J2EE / Reactor
- Database: MySQL / MongoDB / Redis / Elasticsearch
- Container & Orchestration: Docker, Kubernetes
- Messaging: Kafka / RabbitMQ
- API: GraphQL / REST
- Testing: JUnit / Jest / Mockito / Cypress / K6 / Contract Testing
- Monitoring: DataDog / Prometheus / Grafana / Splunk
- Dev Tools: GitHub / Jenkins / Gradle
At AppDirect, we believe that innovation thrives in an environment that houses diversity of excellence, experience and thought. We respect each AppDirector as their own fingerprint; unique with no one alike. We foster an environment of inclusion without regard to race, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity enabling AppDirectors to embrace their uniqueness to do their best work. As such, we strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.