Senior Full Stack Data Scientist/Engineer at Acquco (Remote)
We are focused on building the largest e-commerce platform in the world. Founded by a team of seasoned ex-Amazon operators, Acquco strategically acquires the best brands and accelerates their growth across Amazon, Walmart, Shopify, and other e-commerce ecosystems. We’ve raised over $160M of institutional capital since our inception in 2020, and are focused on rapidly scaling our portfolio team.
In the News: Recently featured on Techcrunch, Crunchbase, Business Insider, Pymnts, Pitchbook
The Data & Analytics (DnA) team at Acquco is responsible for driving the vision and the execution of developing data assets/insights central to Acquco’s business objectives. Utilizing modern cloud computing infrastructure, analytics/ML workflows, and agile development methodologies, the team generates data assets to empower Acquco’s decision-making processes and answer critical business questions.
Acquco is seeking a Senior Full Stack Data Scientist/Engineer to design and implement cloud-based data/analysis/ML/reporting workflows, engaging with business teams across the company to enable Acquco’s success. You have the opportunity to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment, learning/working across all business areas.
- Understand the business context, gather requirements, propose implementations, and deliver data solutions
- Iteratively deliver the data solution to meet stakeholder needs: engaging with customers to evolve the system to meet emerging needs and feedback
- Championing best-practices and excellence in data quality and data engineering
- Proposing data innovations/improvements that advance the effectiveness of the team and the value of the business
- Expert data/ML engineer, with 5+ years of designing/developing/operating/enhancing enterprise-scale production data systems
- Expertise with modern cloud data platforms (e.g. data warehouses, data lakes, cloud compute, in AWS or Azure)
- Experienced in developing/maintaining cloud data processing pipelines (e.g. using Python in AWS Lambda, Step Functions, Batch, etc.)
- Experience engaging with business stakeholders to understand, scope, and iteratively deliver data solutions
- Experience developing and enhancing analysis/ML models (e.g. NLP for sentiment analysis, ARIMA for time series analysis, regression for identification of key factors)
- Strong experience in databases (e.g. PostgreSQL), including designing relational database schemas, creating/managing views, triggers, stored procedures, functions, user-defined types, etc.
- Strong software engineering skills such as algorithms, data structures and object-oriented programming
- Experience with CI/CD workflows
- Effective at self-prioritizing efforts: recognizing (possibly time-sensitive) cost/benefits of your actions, practicing iterative software development principles (i.e. delivering incremental value,)
- Effective and proactive communicator, adjusting language to ensure comprehension by (possibly non-technical) teammates, enabling everyone to make informed decisions
- Collaborative teammate who thrives within an inclusive culture, working across business divisions with teammates of diverse backgrounds
- Embodies a growth mindset and a willingness to go into the unknown: ready to learn new concepts and new technologies, doing what’s needed to help the team succeed