Join us on our mission to make automation affordable and accessible!
At Rapid Robotics, we are transforming the manufacturing industry. Our mission is to make automation affordable and accessible. We are building robotic solutions for manufacturers that help drive innovation and change the work performed on factory floors. Our team developed the Rapid Machine Operator, a solution that can perform simple tasks in a matter of days rather than weeks and at a fraction of the cost of other automation solutions.
About the Role
We're looking for a Senior Frontend Software Engineer, who will be responsible for architecting and developing the web interfaces that power our robot and cloud dashboard. The rich interactions you create will control the robot, and make it a breeze to set it up for new tasks. You will build out our web command center that enables remotely managing and diagnosing any issues with our robot fleet. Your work will involve collaborating across disciplines with an experienced group of designers, backend engineers, computer vision engineers, robotics experts, and even mechanical engineers.
The ideal candidate is comfortable both architecting and coding complex, production-ready React applications. Clear and straightforward communication of technical topics is key. You like to collaborate, ask questions, and mentor as the team expands. The ideal candidate is a problem solver that loves to innovate with a passion for simplicity and technical excellence.
The Skills You Bring
- Extensive experience building highly interactive web frontend applications in React
- Experience with TypeScript or other statically typed languages
- Good understanding of asynchronous control flow
- Experience with complex web applications, crafting multiple components with complex interactions, validation, and state management with backend
- Experience with common frontend development tools: Babel, Webpack, NPM, MUI, Styled Components, Storybook, etc.
- Experience unit testing with tools like Jest and Testing Library
- Experience integration testing with tools like Cypress
- Successful collaborations with UX designers
- Comfortable with Git and code review processes
- Confidence being hands-on from prototyping through building the final product
Nice to Have
- Leading and/or major contributions to open source projects
- Experience with data visualization frameworks such as D3
- Experience with WebGL, WebAssembly and Unity or other 3D/game engines
- Experience with gRPC and Protobuf
- Experience with Docker
Ready to take the next step in your career?
- Then APPLY NOW and come join us on our mission to make automation affordable and accessible
At Rapid Robotics, our team is what makes us special. We are proudly committed to cultivating a culture of diversity, inclusion, and connectedness that celebrates our differences in identity, experience, and point of view. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and empowers everyone to bring their whole, authentic selves to work.
Rapid Robotics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, sex, age, educational background, national origin, citizenship, marital status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or expression, lifestyle, veteran status, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Rapid Robotics requires full COVID vaccination for employment in accordance with our Company's Vaccination Policy.
More Information on Rapid Robotics, inc
Rapid Robotics, inc operates in the Robotics industry. The company is located in San Francisco, CA. Rapid Robotics, inc was founded in 2019. It has 35 total employees. To see all 9 open jobs at Rapid Robotics, inc, click here.
Read Full Job Description