Senior Frontend Software Engineer at Sundae (Remote)
Sundae’s mission is to help homeowners get the best outcome when it’s time to sell a house that needs some love. For too long, the process of selling outdated and damaged houses has been terrible for sellers. Local property investors capitalize on homeowner distress to purchase houses cheaply and resell them for huge profits.
Sundae is putting more of those profits back in the hands of the homeowner. We’ve developed a model to predict when sellers will need our help, and a best-in-class sales and marketing team to reach them and a trusted brand that allows us to grow even faster through word of mouth and referrals. With scale and efficiency, we’re able to redistribute economic value to sellers in the form of the most competitive price so that Sundae can become the largest buyer of homes that need love in the United States.
We are a Tier 1 Venture Capital backed company with product-market fit, scaling revenue, and a massive addressable market opportunity. Our team is composed of seasoned leaders from real estate and marketplace businesses and with significant high-growth company experience (Airbnb, Dropbox, Chime, LendingHome).
Joining Sundae means being part of the team that’s bringing compassion and transparency to the business of helping homeowners sell in their time of need. If you’re driven by making a positive impact on people’s lives and want to support our mission, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Software Engineer to join our growing team! The right person for this role is someone who is excited about the Sundae mission, enjoys the challenges of a fast paced work environment and is a technologist at heart. As this is currently a small team and things are moving quickly, the role will evolve over time, and an open dialogue with your manager will shape the future direction of the responsibilities. Engineering best practices and architecture have been established, and this role will be instrumental in providing the feedback to improve and scale as we build out a best in class experience for our customers.
- You enjoy and seek environments where continuous improvement is expected, the growth of your teammates is valued just as much as your own. You are not afraid to speak your mind when it comes to the possibility of an improvement, but understand that there are effective ways to deliver feedback.
- A high performing team, and all of its benefits, is a must.
- In an ideal world, you spend all day coding, but recognize that your contributions to the team are equally important and could take away from coding.
- You enjoy working closely with the stakeholders on other teams, you have a great deal of pride in how your work accomplishes the goals you share with the stakeholders.
- You are looking to architect new products and enhance existing platforms.
- Experience delivering robust frontend applications, interacting with API’s utilizing GraphQL and REST
- Experience Typescript, React, React Hooks, Redux, and Next.js
- Experience with SSR, best practices for optimizations around SEO and performance
- Has the ability to convert designs to responsive web elements
- 5+ years' industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Opportunity to revolutionize the real-estate industry with a mission to help those in need
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals in a highly collaborative culture
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive cash salary
- Stock option package
- Extremely competitive health benefits - 100% medical, dental, vision coverage
- Retirement benefits including pre- and post- tax options
- Unlimited PTO
- Work Remotely with home office allowance and cell and internet stipend
We here at Sundae strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Sundae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Where permitted by applicable law, employees must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire. Reasonable accommodations will be considered. Are you able to comply with Sundae's COVID vaccination policy?
Follow us on LinkedIn
Watch our overview video
Watch our customer testimonial