Senior Frontend Engineer at Candy
Candy’s mission is to deepen our connection to experiences that bring us joy. As fans. As collectors. As people creating lives, we’re passionate about living. We understand that connection because we’ve chased it since we were kids. We are unapologetic fans and serious collectors who see limitless possibilities in the digital revolution that’s disrupting – more like exploding – the way we engage and experience our favorite sports, music, art, and cultural icons.
We know the passion of being a die-hard fan and the need for the experience beyond the bleachers. We’re building a fully immersive storefront where fans can not only buy, sell, and trade their digital assets but also experience a fully immersive marketplace that gives our users enablement beyond imagination with their digital assets.
- Michael Rubin- Founder & CEO of Fanatics & Philadelphia 76ers co-owner
- Mike Novogratz - CEO of Galaxy Digital, Pioneer Investor
- Gary Vaynerchuk- CEO of VaynerMedia, Social Media Entrepreneur.
SO YOU WANT TO JOIN CANDY?
We are looking for an experienced Senior Front-End focused Software Engineer to join our Engineering department. In this role, we are looking for start-up minded, driven developers that love building from the ground up. In this role you will be helping design and architect our marketplace from the ground-up so senior level experience is preferred but also those that have a strong start-up mentality will do well in this role.
We are searching for creative minds that are excited to take on challenges in the immediate while providing vision to the future. We want builders, innovators, and those that can not only think outside the box but collaborate outside the box.
AS OUR MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, YOU WILL...
- Design and plan new features that will lay the foundation for Candy's marketplace and customer-facing applications
- Write robust, scalable, well-designed software that is easy to maintain and well tested
- Push and refine our technology, user experience, and creative practices
- Create online experiences our customers love
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have tenured experience with Typescript, HTML, and CSS
- You have working experience with building component libraries in collaboration with product designers
- You have a deep understanding of systems design and architecture
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, HCI, Design, or equivalent practical experience
- You have advanced experience in designing and implementing user interfaces
- You have an understanding of the modern deployment process, comfort with docker, containers, and Kubernetes
- You are driven and can execute several initiatives simultaneously
- You take ownership of everything you do and have opinions on the features you’re working on
- You are a standout colleague and strive for having excellent collaboration across teams, functions, and locations
- You have a love of sports, collectibles, blockchain and crypto
You’ll Love Working here because...
- Our People. You will be working with the top players who are the most talented, fun, supportive, and innovative leaders and teams. Aka, people you can be proud to work with!
- Our Mission. We believe that we are building something great and that the best things we create will make the world a better place. Our goal is to deepen our connection through experiences to fans and collectors globally.
- Perks. Our team-based culture provides the foundation for people to do their best work and constantly learn and grow. We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, health coverage, and unlimited vacation. Given that we’re an early-stage startup, our benefits package continues to evolve as we do. Your ideas and suggestions matter to us!
Our Core Values.
- Trust. We safeguard the goal. We believe we will only succeed if we earn trust – trust of our people, trust of our customers, trust of our partners. We will strive to achieve and keep faith at all times.
- Innovation. We dream big. We’re endlessly curious and constantly searching for the best, the better, and the never-before imagined.
- Excellence. We take big swings. We have high expectations of ourselves in everything we do.
- Grit. We push past the finish line until the last second. Giving up is not an option. We will always find a way.
- Inclusion. We are a team player, and we are in it together. We believe that diverse thinking comes from different thinkers, and we need all perspectives to come together and win.
- Authenticity. We are the real deal and always authentic in what we create, our dealings with others, and in who we are as human beings.
- Accountability. We carry the ball. We hold ourselves to the highest moral and ethical standards. We will be fair and honest and take responsibility for our actions.