Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 8,700 organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
The stream team is a group of industry experts in video streaming technologies from many diverse backgrounds. Working with such smart and dedicated team members is one of the most exciting parts of working at Verkada.
- Design, implement, maintain and improve Verkada’s video and audio streaming infrastructure
- Ensure customers have the best streaming experience for both live and historical footage
- Architect distributed real-time data connections between camera → cloud → browser
- Write clean, maintainable, testable code
- 3+ years experience of industry experience in video streaming
- Loves to solve hard technological optimization problems
- Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Experience debugging frontend performance and network optimizations
- Experience with Unit and Integration tests
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment (< 500 people)
- Comfortable with SQL, Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, AWS, Docker, etc.
- Works well with product and design teams
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Verkada requires the successful completion of a background check, including a criminal record check, as a condition of employment.
Read Full Job Description