Senior Frontend Engineer - Sensors at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:24 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 2, 2023
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
We are a small, dynamic team focused on building cloud-managed sensors. It is a startup within a startup with full autonomy!
Verkada is #10 on the LinkedIn Top Startups 2020 list and #4 on the Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2020. In January 2020, the company raised $80 million Series C at a $1.6 billion post-money valuation and is backed by top-tier investors like Sequoia Capital, First Round, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Who you are
- Excited by new products and startups
- You are excited about building interfaces and interactive web/mobile components
- You think about delivering best-in-class products and experiences - not features
- You can take a less-than-fully-fleshed-out product idea and drive it to completion
- You have a BS or a graduate degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment
- Eye for design, product details, and polish
- Understanding of HTTP APIs and practical debugging techniques with the Chrome debugger
- Working knowledge of at least one server-side framework and one database system
- Interest (or fluency) in TypeScript
- Understanding of SVG, web components, CSS/SVG animations, etc.
- Mastery of d3 or other charting libraries for data visualization
- Experience with Redux and Webpack
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description