Senior Frontend Engineer - Core Services at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:36 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, March 21, 2023
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
We are actively looking for experienced front-end engineers to join the Core team. As a member of the Core team, you will be the architect, designer, and developer in a broad range of projects. You will work closely with Product, Design, and Engineers to develop great user experiences -- not just features -- and to help build and scale a web-based platform that will support a suite of connected devices for enterprise customers at scale.
- Work with Product & Design to plan, build, and iterate on best-in-class user experiences.
- Build shared components that help maintain design consistency and enable fellow teammates to move faster.
- Invest in front-end architecture and performance to enable the team and product to scale.
Education and experience
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience working with modern web technologies such as React, Angular.js, TypeScript, Webpack, etc.
- Experience building complex single-page applications.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar technical field of study.
Perks and Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Technologies we use: React, TypeScript, SASS, CSS Modules, Webpack
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description