Senior Frontend Engineer - Access Control at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:44 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, August 23, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 12,000+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
We are a small, dynamic team focused on building cloud-managed access control systems. Access Control is our second major product line. Our Access Control is a cloud based solution meaning users can manage their doors, schedules, and user credentials from virtually anywhere.
We consider our team a startup within a startup, with a fair amount of ownership and autonomy. You’ll be working alongside a dynamic team of firmware, backend, and frontend engineers to develop this product line.
We are #10 on the LinkedIn Top Startups 2020 list and #4 on the Forbes America’s Best Startup Employers 2020. In January 2020, the company raised $80 million Series C at a $1.6 billion post-money valuation and is backed by top-tier investors like Sequoia Capital, First Round, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Who you are
- Excited by new products and startups
- You are excited about building interfaces and interactive web components
- You think about delivering best-in-class products and experiences - not features
- You can take a less-than-fully-fleshed-out product idea and drive it to completion
- You have a BS or a graduate degree in Computer Science or related Engineering field
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment
- Eye for design, product details, and polish
- Understanding of HTTP APIs and practical debugging techniques with the Chrome debugger
- Working knowledge of at least one server-side framework and one database system
Nice to Haves
- Interest (or fluency) in TypeScript
- Understanding of SVG, web components, CSS/SVG animations, etc.
- Mastery of d3 or other charting libraries for data visualization
- Experience with Redux and Webpack
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description