Senior Front-End Web Developer at Two Barrels LLC (Salt Lake City, UT or Remote)
Two Barrels is hiring a Senior Front-End Web Developer for $150,000/year. You will be a traditional company employee. This is a full time 40 hour/week position with company benefits. This is a remote position. Our main office is in Spokane WA, and we have satellite offices in Austin TX and Salt Lake City UT.
As a Senior Front-End Web Developer at Two Barrels, you'll be given large-scale web projects and be asked to break these down into tasks for Junior Front-End Developers and Front-End Web Developers while maintaining focus on larger goals and projects. Our ideal candidate would be someone who has been successful in multiple front-end positions over the years and is looking to mentor a crew of talented, less-experienced developers and help take our websites to the next level. That will require you to be someone who doesn't believe there's only one right way to do things and your mindset is focused on growth, not the way things currently are.
What's in a title?
Here at Two Barrels we don't take titles very seriously. We know for recruiting purposes we need to call our jobs something, so we started with labeling and differentiating them in a fairly traditional way with "junior, mid, senior". However, we've realized that was putting our employees in a box and wasn't allowing us to uniquely identify their individual contributions, strengths and professional goals. Once you join our team the titles kinda get dropped as we expect everyone to work with everyone regardless of title or experience. We have taken the approach of evaluating candidates and employees on a "level" basis. It makes it a little easier internally to talk about growing into the next level without there being this huge chasm between what it means to be a Junior Engineer vs. a Mid Engineer. Our levels have expectations set for each one and it's the responsibility of the manager and employee to make sure there is alignment. We do this through quarterly conversations where we discuss employee progression, if the work is challenging, and to ensure they feel fairly compensated for their work and expertise. Basically, levels gives us more flexibility to help people grow in their careers. But sure, you can post your title on LinkedIn as what makes sense to the rest of the world.
Remote | Spokane - Austin - SLC |
- Launch and Maintain Websites
- Take ownership of front-end components - from architecture to development, deployment and maintenance
- Optimize Sites for Scale and Feasibility
- Work with a team of writers and designers to crank out awesome websites
- Mentor junior and mid-level developers
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and provide valid solutions
- Accurately replicating mock ups into fully fledged websites through clean code and execution
- BS in CS, Design, Engineering or relevant work experience
- At least 6 years of experience in a professional environment
- 4-6 years of experience working with HTML and CSS
- 4-6 years of working knowledge of CSS Frameworks, preferably Bootstrap
- 4-5 years of working knowledge of CSS Preprocessors (SASS, LESS)
- 4-6 years of experience with PHP
- Expert with Responsive Web Design
- A solid understanding of how Content Management Systems work
- Experience developing custom Wordpress themes
- Experience using compilers and build tools
- Experience with Task Runners (GULP, Webpack, Grunt)
- Interest in learning/researching new technologies and web development trends/practices
- Understanding of SEO principles
- Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
- Strong desire to build, deliver results, take ownership, and drive projects
- Experience mentoring junior/mid level developers and leading project groups
- Experience understanding, mapping, designing, developing, and testing systems
- Interest in Pokemon or curry
Why you might like this job:
You're someone with an easy-going disposition who can see the logical solution to a complex problem. You have no problem acknowledging when something isn't working right and, inherently, you know how to fix it. You're also able to recognize the noise for what it is: just noise. If that sounds like you and you'd like to share the things you've learned over the years with some of our less-experienced devs, while recognizing that you don't always have to be the smartest person in the room, we'd love to have you be a part of our team and help make us better.
- Great Wage
- Work From Home comfort package & company provided equipment
- 22 days paid time off (29 days after 3 years. Flexible time off after 5 years!)+ 4 paid holidays
- 4% 401k employer matching through Fidelity
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental and vision for employees
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Flexible hours
- Coffee shop next door
- Crappy parking? Oh, I mean a cool downtown location for easy public transportation options...