As a Senior Front-end Software Engineer at Bigleaf, you will develop web-based software for Bigleaf SD-WAN products and services, own the APIs driving these applications, and contribute to the design of both the UI and the internal ecosystem used to evolve and maintain our applications. Your contributions will help our customers and partners manage their networks, understand and mitigate performance issues, identify risks, and visualize the benefit that Bigleaf brings to their businesses.
Bigleaf is at a point in its evolution where we are starting to build more modern interfaces for all our customers and our development team. As you contribute to innovative designs for our systems, you will use our company values as a guiding light to ensure optimal user and development experiences.
Come join us at Bigleaf to help those businesses connect to their customers, people like us, people like you!
This position is 100% remote!
- Lead design and development of new software products for Bigleaf customers
- Work with our Product Management Team to refine the requirements and customer use cases as necessary
- Participate and provide quality input to architectural design discussions
- Work in collaboration with other team members to improve legacy software products
- Identify and implement improvements to our internal processes and engineering workflows. Champion and model solid engineering processes and best practices
- Regularly contribute to and lead technical discussions that spread critical knowledge across the Engineering Team
- Establish and curate a close relationship with the Product Team to define and build the best possible solutions for our customers
- Design efficient, expressive, and flexible APIs that drive our applications
- Mentor and advise other engineers as needed. Make your teammates better through code reviews, documentation and constructive feedback
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field involving software/systems engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrated experience writing valuable unit tests against your code
- Experience with HTTP JSON:API, JSON, and REST APIs
- Understanding of the browser security modal and other related front-end security concepts
- Demonstrated ability to act as a mentor to other developers and help evolve processes and practices for the benefit of the company and the team
- Excellent understanding of HTML, CSS, web standards and accessibility
- Previous work with design systems and shared component libraries is a plus
- Passion for your trade and a constant desire to grow and help those around you grow as well
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, supporting multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a multi-team, collaborative environment
Who We Are:
Bigleaf Networks improves Cloud connectivity and Internet performance. We are a team of telecom and network software professionals who built our Cloud-first SD-WAN service based on the natural architecture of leaves. We provide a better Internet experience with simple implementation, friendly support, and powerful technology.
Bigleaf exists because of leaders and dreamers who believed there was a better solution to a technological need in business. As we continue to grow, we keep this leadership mentality in mind, and we encourage each other to constantly improve by developing grit, servant leadership, diversity, and innovation.
Our Core Values:
Whether working with a customer or interacting with one another around the office, Bigleaf’s core values are heartfelt service, positive attitude, transparency, and focus. At our core, we are here at Bigleaf to develop technology that will help people, and these values help us maintain that intention.
Highlight of our Benefits:
- Medical (We pay 100% of medical premiums for our HSA health plan - buy up options available)
- Dental & Vision (We pay 100% for all levels of coverage)
- Life insurance, long term disability
- 401k with dollar for dollar safe harbor match
- Stock options plan
- Generous parental leave (6 weeks)
- 4 weeks of PTO +1 week of Wellness Time per year
- 13 Company Holidays
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Technology/Remote Work Stipend
- Monthly credit for GrubHub
- 2x per year full company offsite events!
This is a very exciting period of growth for our team. We appreciate you taking the time to carefully read through this ad. Our vision is to bring peace into the lives of our customers through advanced technology and excellent service. If you would like to join us in this role, please send along a resume and cover letter of how you meet the qualifications above and why you’re interested. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, long term disability, 401k with match and a stock options plan.
We're building a team in addition to a product, and we value and seek inclusion and diversity in that team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and feel it makes our teams stronger, so we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet the exact qualifications for this role.