Our mission is to enable human health.
AKASA is the leading developer of AI for healthcare operations. Founded in 2019, AKASA has raised $85M in funding and has grown to more than 200 employees.
Our founding team includes Silicon Valley leaders who have founded or been founding team members of multiple companies with successful exits. Our investors include Andreessen Horowitz, BOND, and Costanoa Ventures, among others. Recognized in 2021 among Top 150 “Most Innovative Digital Health Startups” by CB Insights, Top 75 “Best Places to Work” by Modern Healthcare, Certified as a “Great Place to Work” two years in a row, and ranked #34 of Top 100 Healthcare Companies in 2021 by The Healthcare Technology Report. Learn more at www.AKASA.com.
We are building the future of healthcare with AI. Everyone is welcome — as an inclusive workplace, our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work.
About The Role
As a Senior Front-end Software Engineer, you will own the design, implementation, testing, and ongoing improvement of the UIs that our operations team works with every day (to perform services on behalf of our customers and to produce the data used by our models). Your work will be mission-critical to them, the ML team, and the entire company as a whole.
AKASA is based in South San Francisco. As a company, we embraced remote work before COVID-19. We consider ourselves experts in working collaboratively wherever our team members reside.
What You'll Do
- Build new front-end interfaces to provide better developer tooling or self-service options for engineers
- Create mockups in Figma (or the tool of your choice)
- Work with users (engineers and operations team) to understand their pain points and design better interfaces that can increase speed and minimize mistakes
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in front-end programming
- Experience with ReactJS encouraged
- Strong visual design sense
- Bonus points if you have backend experience with Python
What We Offer
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Expansive coverage for health, dental, and vision
- Employer contribution to Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Generous parent leave policy
- Full employee coverage for life insurance
- Company-paid holidays
- 401(K) plan
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.