Senior Front End Software Engineer (Remote) at LivePerson
Senior Front End Software Engineer (Remote)
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including Citi, HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in the future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth-minded, unconventional thinkers, developers, and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
About the Team:
Marketplaces offer seamless, scalable Conversational AI experiences between consumers, independent businesses, and marketplace contact centers on digital storefronts. Marketing Video
The ideal candidate will be an experienced front-end engineer with an eye for details and who is passionate about delighting consumers with an amazing user experience. They should also be experienced with developing backend APIs and services and enjoy designing and implementing end-to-end systems.
The candidate will collaborate with other software developers on a wide range of cutting-edge web apps and services. They will also be experienced working closely with our product and design teams to execute on a product roadmap.
In this role you will:
- Work collaboratively in a cross-functional team to develop both prototypes & production-grade applications
- Using various OO & functional language techniques to build APIs & business logic
- Design robust solutions that scale - compute, storage, networking - cost-effectively while protecting customer data
- Identifying & eliminate performance & scale issues affecting both front and back ends
- Work closely with UX teams and Product Management to define and build the optimal user experience for our web UI
- Work closely with global teams, in different locations and integrate into their product.
You should be an expert in:
- Team Player
- Strong front end coding skills & ability to perform in a dynamic, agile & entrepreneurial environment
- building large scale web applications
- Experience with client-side JS frameworks, and specifically Prototype and Marionette,vue.js - advantage
- Ability to design simple solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to solve complex development problems and produce the highest quality code while striving to push the technical boundaries of online applications
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and organizational skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced production deadline-driven environment
- BA/B.Sc. in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of web client-side development
- 2+ years of experience with deploying Node.js solutions into the production environment - advantage
- 2+ years of backend development - advantage
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top-tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. Most importantly, you’ll have the ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.